Strelets Forum

Welcome to the Strelets Forum.
Please feel free to discuss any aspect of 1/72 scale plastic figures, not simply Strelets.
If you have any questions about our products then we will answer them here.

Strelets Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Camels

After the excellent photograph that Strelets posted of a figure on a camel there hasn't been much in the way of news on any set that would include the superb beasts.
Camels seemed to be difficult animals to make (for some sculptors).
The best ever, in 1.72nd, was the Airfix camel from the Zoo Set.
The Strelets camel looks like it is going to be up there with the best.

I am hoping for lots of different sets that include camels; standing, walking and trotting. I'm not sure if galloping is a phase of camel movement: it would probably look hilarious in model form.

So to paraphrase the words of Oliver Twist: "Please Strelets can we have some more."

Re: Camels

Anyone with an interest in the Mahdist Wars could not have too many camels.

Thanks to HaT & Italeri, I possess quite a few but it's baggage camels I most need.

As most people appreciate, you don't fight mounted on a camel. They're infantry transport (sorted: HaT), scouting (ditto + Italeri stuff) & baggage animals.

HaT promised a set.....so hopefully Strelets might supply some. Camels with boxes (European use) & sacks (Arab use). Camels carrying dismembered screw guns. A camel with the Mahdi or Gordon on its back. Etc.

donald

Re: Camels for Gordon; Mahdi and WW1

Excellent ideas Paintdog,
HaT are a little slow on the baggage camels, However, their masters are very good indeed; with removable and alternative loads.
I'm hoping Strelets will be making more WW1 sets for the Middle east arena.
And hopefully,Colonial sets including Gordon and the Mahdi.
The 19 century Afghan conflicts are not really represented in 1/72nd. More camels required there.