Strelets Forum

Welcome to the Strelets Forum.
Please feel free to discuss any aspect of 1/72 scale plastic figures, not simply Strelets.
If you have any questions about our products then we will answer them here.

Strelets Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Union Cavalry contribution by Mr Buckingham

Graeme
I haven't had trouble with Strelets plastic so far but thanks for the warning about Airfix figs. I've got a few bent muskets in the Waterloo gift set,I'll approach those with caution.

Just a note, my experience with Waterloo 1815 and A Call To Arms (ACTA) in that super light tan color, is they use a stiff plastic. I recommend you do any bending or hot water repositioning before you do any shaving/trimming of flash around guns and thin pieces. I trimmed the flash off my ACTA Zulu War British guns then bent the barrels back to normal, and they all eventually cracked and broke where there were sharp corners.

Thank heavans that other company came out with their excellent Islandwana and Rorkes Drift British in a much more user friendly plastic. Hope it helps!

Re: Union Cavalry contribution by Mr Buckingham

sansovino
... Most of the rifles are quite curved and too broad (photo of the painted set!) ...

Funny, of 21 sets of my Union Cavalry Skirmishing, or 42 sprews, not one of my figures had a bent rifle like the painted picture. Not even the other figure's rifles either.