Strelets Forum

Welcome to the Strelets Forum.
Please feel free to discuss any aspect of 1/72 scale plastic figures, not simply Strelets.
If you have any questions about our products then we will answer them here.

Strelets Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Eastern Asia

I know Strelets are pretty busy with other planned projects, Napoleonics and ACW and so on, and moving into a completely new era is perhaps not part of those plans. But one marching set would make a huge difference, and would lure more modellers and collectors into this period. Imagine recreating the scenes of Kurosawa's films with masses of troops marching into the field..

Some inspiration from "Heaven and earth", not by Kurosawa but still interesting:

https://youtu.be/dgao7T4Gkkw

Another fan of east Asia here but prefer the 13th century - original sets of opponents for all the Mongols available - Song Chinese, Goryeo Koreans, Kamakura Japanese, Jurchens, Tran Vietnamese etc.

SteveO
Another fan of east Asia here but prefer the 13th century - original sets of opponents for all the Mongols available - Song Chinese, Goryeo Koreans, Kamakura Japanese, Jurchens, Tran Vietnamese etc.

I hear ya, marching sets of those would be awesome. The Genpei Wars of the 12th century is also something I'd like to work on.

+1 for more samurai, but I'm not sure about the whole "marching" thing.

Tho I'd like if RedBox did a box of foot and a box of mounted samurai, as not much is needed to complete their range. Got the Samurai Artillery Set 2 and they are really awesome figures.

zirrian
+1 for more samurai, but I'm not sure about the whole "marching" thing.

Tho I'd like if RedBox did a box of foot and a box of mounted samurai, as not much is needed to complete their range. Got the Samurai Artillery Set 2 and they are really awesome figures.

Yes those looked fine, I wonder if they will continue their Samurai range with infantry and cavalry or consider it "done" already with the sets produced by others as it seems most companies ignore periods already covered before, unless it's WWII.

As for poses what would you have instead? Zvezda did cover the basics, of course a set entirely dedicated to firing arquebuisers or archers would of course be welcome too.

Ronin warrior, the samurai without armour, no one make yet.