Strelets Forum

Welcome to the Strelets Forum.
Please feel free to discuss any aspect of 1/72 scale plastic figures, not simply Strelets.
If you have any questions about our products then we will answer them here.

Strelets Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Napoleonic Firing Line Box

Serious: I've enough British and Scots infantry sets now by Hat/Waterloo1815/Emhar/Revell/Italeri etc. They combine good enough in this scale, at least to my satisfaction, with the new Strelets. I don't want to spend much more money and don't gonna throw the others away. I can create several carré's and marching columns now.
I am grateful and enough is enough for this part.
The perspective to have more marching prussian (?), longcoat French (?) and Dutch/Brunswick(???) columns in this concept by Strelets is great and beautiful.
Yep: I know people want to have more Austrians and I am longing for 1812 Russian columns, there is always something to wish, but you can not mean there are no firing lines for the British/Scots for the Waterloo campaign.
Let's just be grateful, satisfied and realistic every now and then?

The first set of British Infantry in overcoats is pretty much a firing line, I wonder if it would be possible to do the same set but with regular uniforms.

All of the Highlander sets out there are way inferior to Strelets new sets in every way. Goes for the British Infantry too.

Strelets poses and details are realistic, have superior undercutting, all proportions are spot on, and made in a nice soft plastic, and in a great Terracotta color - not silver, strange flesh tone and other strange ones. Finally, Strelets has put out the whole package so far for each set.

It would be a major opportunity lost for Strelets to establish itself as a leader in 1/72 with these figures and a major disappointment with many of Strelet's customers if we can't make a defensive square or set up a firing line. If Strelets completes this range, I'll be buying them. What I won't be buying are the same old inferior sets that have been out there by other companies since the 1960's and 1970's just repackaged with new box art.

I just received my shipment of Strelets Highlanders and Infantry last Friday and am looking forward to their Standing at Ease, plus Firing, Reloading, and Kneeling Firing and Defensive Poses next.

Seems like a lot of people want a firing / reloading set hopefully Strelets will listen and supply what it's customers want I've not really thought about the lack of firing poses in British infantry for Waterloo but take away the ancient Airfix set & there's not many available poses at all.

yes british infantry square is very needed.kneeling infantry with muskets pointed towards horse chest is needed.also many stages of reloading fire at will.I suport that.I dont buy old bad quality figures like unfortunatly strelets french infantry marching-or airfixs the most sets.

Hi Guys,

I am glad people have posted their views on my post abut a Napoleonic Firing Line,set It shows that their is a real interest in this other format. I always envied the poses available from metal companies where you could order a specific pose in a qty of your choice.

I think Hat Industrires raised the bar with the mac format and i feel that strelets have gone one better as each of their Napoleonic formats come with a different command thus giving a lot more choice.

So Strelets please consider the views we have posted and make us all very happy customers. If not possible due to other factors please accept my wishes and comments as that of a positive nature and that i look forward to your future Napoleonic range.

P.S

I have noted in the posts that American Civil War fans would also love this format, so this set might reach a wider market than just the Napoleonic fans.

bfn

Allan

My two cents. I'd love to have Confederate firing lines with slouch hats, beards and different equipment, rolled blankets, knapsacks, canteens and so on. I think it would be very practical for modellers, instead of having to buy multiple sets with the exakt same pose or different sculpting, it would make it easy to buy a few sets, with 25 kneeling poses and 25 standing poses in each set to build an impressive firing line.

And what about reloading, I have about zero reloading poses in my projects, I know Strelets and Imex had some but they're not that good. No one liked my idea about a set entirely dedicated to reloaders but I'd buy it in an instance. Yes it's a boring pose but one that has to be addressed anyway. Also reloading is a long process, several different poses can be made so you could have a good flow with a regiment reloading in different phases.

My Confederate firing line, this is why I love firing lines: