Strelets Forum

Welcome to the Strelets Forum.
Please feel free to discuss any aspect of 1/72 scale plastic figures, not simply Strelets.
If you have any questions about our products then we will answer them here.

Strelets Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: PSR reviews ACW Union troops in attack

What I really like about PSR is that they try to be fair and objective. They (or is it he, I've heard it's basically just one guy running the site, and if so mad kudos to him) always try to point out both the positive and negative aspects of each set. While readers may not always agree with their opinions (I certainly fall in this category!), I've always felt that PSR tries to be impartial, regardless of how popular a set may or may not be with the buying public.
One important thing that PSR does note is that none of the figures in this set have their bayonets lowered and ready to engage with the enemy. Will this possibly be in a future set?

Re: PSR reviews ACW Union troops in attack

He(Dave) is consistent and I generally find the comments to be of value and have often been a factor in buying a set or not. Other model hobbies are much the worse off for not having impartial reviews or just having worse than useless sycophantic forums that ooze gush. Magazines (like Airfix, Military Modeller) used to do the review job to some extent before PSR was invented but often the "tiny figures mob" were ignored because they were not the big spenders or "cool" and more so as time went on. Whether people agree with PSR or not is OK by me but doesn't count for much as PSR's opinion is the one that has wings, form and substance.