Strelets Forum

Welcome to the Strelets Forum.
Please feel free to discuss any aspect of 1/72 scale plastic figures, not simply Strelets.
If you have any questions about our products then we will answer them here.

Strelets Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: 7yw set New ?

Stephen if I may ask, are the ACTA ECW and 30YW sets the only decent sets for this period currently available? Do you use any metal ranges or perhaps sit on a hugh stock of Revell figures?

Also what's the name of the book by Haythorntwaite? He seems to have covered ECW but not 30YW?

Haythornthwaite's book is ECW - but I have no hesitation in reccommending Eduard Wagner's European Weapons and Warfare 1618-1648. It is available on Amazon - or it was a few months ago.

As for figures I tend to stick to plastic - simply because I prefer the proportions to metal figures. Show me a metal figure that is as finely moudled as an ACTA, a Revell or Zvezda and I would probably be interested. It's a bit of reverse snobbery on my part, I suppose, but I just prefer plastic figures.

As for sitting on a huge stock - well it's funny you should say that. I went looking for my figures and came up short. Looked everywhere, until a friend told me I had loaned him some cavalry, which he then returned. Sadly I don't have a massive reserve stock. I wish I did.

Steve, I may have some TYW figures left over once I've finished upgrading my old Revell army. Is there anything you particularly need?

Will

Yes sir - any you have going spare (I've just bought The Pikeman's Lament)

When is Gauntlet? I can call in and pick them up there.

Oooooh guess I missed Gauntlet!