Strelets Forum

Welcome to the Strelets Forum.
Please feel free to discuss any aspect of 1/72 scale plastic figures, not simply Strelets.
If you have any questions about our products then we will answer them here.

Strelets Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Command sets

Dear Steve H,

for those sets, where command sprue is separate from rank-and-file sprues, it's possible in theory.

Regards,

Strelets

Re: "Add-on American Civil War Field-Command and Casualty Figures"

Dear Strelets,

Actually this idea has the potential to be a stand-alone success like the original ACW Command sets were/are.

Just to have heaps more casualty figures, I would buy a truck load of both Union and Confederate Add-on sets. If you put them in a nice box and label them appropriately as "Add-on American Civil War Field-Command and Casualty Figures", your Wargaming customers would buy these to add to their Field Officers and Bannermen. Having more Field Officers and Bannermen just might encourage them to buy more Marching and Advancing Sets, too. And I'd buy them especially for the Casualties.

Why not package them in a nice Box with cool Box Art and encourage everyone alike to buy them even for their existing armies. It could be a good way to attract new collectors to upgrade their existing collections in addition to us. In fact, you would likely be attracting new customers to buy these specialty Add-on Sets for years to come, just like your first Commander sets!

And do the same for the Highlanders and British Armies labeling them appropriately for their contents since their have a little different mix.

GC

Steve H
Hi Strelets would I be possible sometime in the future to combine command figures from different boxes to make another set, as they now come on different sprue to the other figures, you could for instance have a ACW extra command set combining the command figures from 4 ACW sets, or Napoleonic command set or even later on command sets for specific armies eg British Napoleonic command set.
There is a demand for extra command figures and I think this could be a way of providing them if that's possible of course.
I like so much this idea...

I like the idea, no box needed sell direct too

I concur - a great idea. I don't know the full logistics side of the thing, but it seems from this side of the fence to be fairly simple as the figures are already sculpted and molds made - I guess the main task would be sorting the sprues and packing them.

Hi

completely agree, allows though of us who like more command figures to acquire them to supplement the main infantry sets

keep up the good work

ps I m also looking forward to those Basi Bashooks on foot an all

Great idea !!!

Hi all
just wondering if we're going to see the release of the ACW command figure sets?
They seemed to be very popular and sold out fast - why was such a popular and good line of sets discontinued?
"Big Box" sets including such sets, maybe even new figures would surely be very popular and profitable?
I'm looking forward to getting the new ACW sets as time and budget permits though I think I prefer the original "mixed style" sets as opposed to themes.
I wonder why there are fewer figures per set nowadays - the "Incredible Shrinking Pack Size" doesn't help!
As a closing thought, with moulding techniques improving, and the new figures looking all the better, I wonder if it would be possible to produce the figures on slimmer runners and reduce plastic waste for a few more figures? Well, that's my "twopennorth" to use an old phrase, and give a clue to my age!

Best Regards to all at Strelets and Kindred Spirits everywhere!
Richard

Richard Fontana
Hi all
just wondering if we're going to see the release of the ACW command figure sets?
They seemed to be very popular and sold out fast - why was such a popular and good line of sets discontinued?
"Big Box" sets including such sets, maybe even new figures would surely be very popular and profitable?
I'm looking forward to getting the new ACW sets as time and budget permits though I think I prefer the original "mixed style" sets as opposed to themes.
I wonder why there are fewer figures per set nowadays - the "Incredible Shrinking Pack Size" doesn't help!
As a closing thought, with moulding techniques improving, and the new figures looking all the better, I wonder if it would be possible to produce the figures on slimmer runners and reduce plastic waste for a few more figures? Well, that's my "twopennorth" to use an old phrase, and give a clue to my age!

Best Regards to all at Strelets and Kindred Spirits everywhere!
Richard

The Confederate Command set is re-released and available, Union sets are still not released.