Strelets Forum

Welcome to the Strelets Forum.
Please feel free to discuss any aspect of 1/72 scale plastic figures, not simply Strelets.
If you have any questions about our products then we will answer them here.

Strelets Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: REEEELEEEEEASE!!!!!! ACW SETS AND MORE AVAILABLE TO PURCHASE!

Hooray happy days I have been waiting for what seems forever for them to arrive on the internet I have ordered 2 of each of the Napoleonic sets already but will have to wait to receive the as I am currently on holiday in Spain but hopefully they will be waiting for me when I get home. .... Steve H

Thank You Strelets for a great birthday present just got 34 boxes of the highlanders, poles and british infantry in attack, cant wait for them to arrive. Hopefully more Napoleonic sets in the pipeline perhaps even Napoleonic gun crews one day.

ive just seen the 6 new redbox sets show up in the states,now there is about 8 or 9 of these sets i have to get as well.
my wife is going to kill me.

Allan from Glasgow
Thank You Strelets for a great birthday present just got 34 boxes of the highlanders, poles and british infantry in attack, cant wait for them to arrive. Hopefully more Napoleonic sets in the pipeline perhaps even Napoleonic gun crews one day.

Will you paint them too, or basically just making sure others who'd like to get and paint the sets to play with them be unable to do so?

Hi Zirrian,

I thought about not posting a reply to your post but feel your very negative comment was mean spirited. I have been collecting my figures for 36 years and do not paint my figures through choice.

i have large units which require multiple sets, so having learnt over the years that to complete my units i need to buy in bulk as soon as they are released, which i always pre-order from drum and flag.

I am sure that my supplier is very happy with my large order and i am also supporting a company that has came on leaps and bounds quality wise . So i will continue to support the hobby I have enjoyed for decades. If i can finish with the following, i paid good money for my figures and had the decency to preorder my figures. which means i was not taking anyone sets.

I am sure strelets are pleased to see customers are enjoying their products. So please keep your sarcastic comments to yourself as this is a great hobby space and meant to be a fun hobby.

remember we all love this hobby so i hope you buy the set you are looking for and enjoy them as i do with mine

allan

WELL SAID ALAN! I too buy in bulk, mostly civil war & I share your opinions completely. I do paint mine however because they look better when set up, in my opinion. Any toy soldier or wargame enthusiast will tell ya, an army can never be too big ! Best regards Chuck

Cheers Chuck,

I painted the first few thousand but now have limited use of my hands and decided years ago that it was better to have them based than stuck in their boxes as i collect for fun and not to sell at a later date for profit. I also have large amounts from all the other companies and as soon as i see masters i put in a preorder. This is why i am always asking on this forum about sprue poses and box quantities.

We are all a dying breed that like to collect small plastic figures and anything we can do to promote the best scale and support great companies who are making them for us is essential.

We just have to look at what happened to zvezda, they were and i am sure a lot of us agree were some of the best sets out there. I would say that i for one want to support all companies.

end of rant. the world is crazy enough without petty comments over a subject as simple as buying toy soldiers

bfn

Allan

i see the the confederate general staff has been rereleased and selling now in the states.

Allan from Glasgow
Cheers Chuck,

I painted the first few thousand but now have limited use of my hands and decided years ago that it was better to have them based than stuck in their boxes as i collect for fun and not to sell at a later date for profit. I also have large amounts from all the other companies and as soon as i see masters i put in a preorder. This is why i am always asking on this forum about sprue poses and box quantities.

We are all a dying breed that like to collect small plastic figures and anything we can do to promote the best scale and support great companies who are making them for us is essential.

We just have to look at what happened to zvezda, they were and i am sure a lot of us agree were some of the best sets out there. I would say that i for one want to support all companies.

end of rant. the world is crazy enough without petty comments over a subject as simple as buying toy soldiers

bfn

Allan

But Zvezda's problems weren't because of a lack of sales was it? The founder died and there were issues with the sculptor if I remember correctly?

Only RedBox and Strelets still active and the ever slow HaT and their crowdfunding sets, who would have thought Strelets would dominate the market a few years ago?

The Nap British Infantry in Attack already sold out, give us a chance guys they have only been released one day and Strelets you need to get a bigger lorry.

Also only one seller on ebay carry the figures? Surely more would know by know Strelets have improved their products? What about Arcane Scenery?

All new sets available in U.K. At Drum & flag they only put a few on the website to start with but have posted some more-- Hooray. They were also the only British site not to run out of the Napoleonic marching sets, they also take PayPal so if you ware buying a few sets it could prove cheaper than eBay. ...... SteveH

Still no sign of Pickett's Charge set 2 which seems to be the better one..Guess it comes later.

Napoleonic sets are Amazing

My figures all arrived this morning from drumandflag.co.uk, cant rate them high enough, my favorites are the Highlanders, especially the command group, like others would have loved two flags.
I also love the British officer and the drummer. The other poses are all great but these figures are in my opinion the real standouts.

Fantastic work by strelets and from my favorite online store. I can really recommend Rupert's online store and his customer service is second to none.

P.S

I only do Napoleonics so can anyone suggest a use for the many spare figures that i now have and which is included in each box, possible mamelukes or Russian peasants or are they totally unusable for Napoleonic era's

thanks in advance