Strelets Forum

Welcome to the Strelets Forum.
Please feel free to discuss any aspect of 1/72 scale plastic figures, not simply Strelets.
If you have any questions about our products then we will answer them here.

Strelets Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Artillery men without cannons . . . . . or even camels

Great to see my original post being brought up again, I think the idea of gun crews for all periods being done would be a game changer. The box could contain figures in all the different stages of firing making the set ideal for the gamer and diorama makers alike.

If you thinks this set would sell please post feedback so that these figures might make it to our battlefields. I am sure we would have no problems getting guns, limbers from other manufacturers.

ironsides
One Hump or two?

Both.

I have an idea that there is a set somewhere with a Bactrian camel (2 humper of course). Was it a Zvezda Mongol set?
Both Dromedary and Bactrians were used in the Middle Eastern Campaigns of WW1

Italeris Mongol Cavalry set has 3 Bactrians but really these were only used for carrying loads and are good for cold climates, Dromedarys were by far the most common and even used for towing artillery and thousands were used for supply, in many places it was really only Camels as Horses would not have survived the conditions...

Hi not really being familiar with previous Strelets artillery sets I thought I would take a look on plastic soldier review.
Of the few artillery sets made by Strelets it is the actual figures that receive most criticism not the artillery pieces, which seem to either get praise or are rated at least average.
Maybe strelets do artillery better than you think. ......Steve H

Patience is a virtue.

Regards,

Strelets

Well done to Strelets! Looks great! Will this be from a camel only set? If so, could you please include at least 4 poses...for example camel sitting on sand, camel standing/waiting, camel running/charging, camel walking...? These would go well with any desert campaign - for me, Arab revolt or British Camel Corps...by the way, we could do with more French Foreign Legionnaires (and British Camel Corps dismounted, and mounted)! Thank you so much, and keep up the good work!

Good Camels