Strelets Forum

Welcome to the Strelets Forum.
Please feel free to discuss any aspect of 1/72 scale plastic figures, not simply Strelets.
If you have any questions about our products then we will answer them here.

Strelets Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
To Strelets; re.Camel Corp

The proposed Camel Corp set is listed as dismounted. That is all very well and I will be buying them but will Strelets be making camels?
Camels are definitely needed for the WW1 Middle East theatre.
I can think of four sets made, or in the making, by Strelets that definitely need camel support sets: Lawrence of Arabia, Turkish infantry, Arab Revolt and of course the Camel Corp.
So please make lots of camels

Re: To Strelets; re.Camel Corp

Bring on the Camels

Yes make us some camels before we get the hump (sorry)...Steve H

Steve H
Yes make us some camels before we get the hump (sorry)...Steve H

More puns like that Steve and I hope you get your just deserts.

Could I suggest if you need great camel models, both standing & kneeling, the two HaT Mahdist sets have plenty.

One can never have enough, different poses of, Camels.
The HaT Camels are absolutely fabulous but they need friends.
Anyhow, Strelets 'Lawrence' characters need modifying to fit on camels, so another set already camel-friendly would be great for those who like to use their figures 'straight out of the box'.
Even though I modify and paint most of my figures, it remains that we all need more camels.

Agree

...so do I

So, these ones ain't necessary ?

He wont get very far Riding that

...your teasing again Strelets

For anyone who's wondering:

Heliograph Australian War Memorial

Heliograph 5 inch MKV manual

I would think this would fit in with a Heavy Weapons set or something like that.. but would prefer a 3 man section, operator, spotter with telescope and recorder writing down the message...

I dont know how old the MKV is but it dates back at least to 1883 where its included in Signals manuals... and was in use still post WW2.. range about 50 miles!...

Well, as you have made him and presumably other fellows to go with him I shall have to buy lots of them. Then, when you make the camels I'll have to buy buckets of them as well!
Because of Strelets, I'm going to need a bigger house!