Strelets Forum

Welcome to the Strelets Forum.
Please feel free to discuss any aspect of 1/72 scale plastic figures, not simply Strelets.
If you have any questions about our products then we will answer them here.

Strelets Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
WWI set

The latest WWI masters from Strelets look amazing. I've been wanting to go into this era for a while, but when I look at the sets available I don't see what I want. When I think of WWI battles I see mass charges of men across no man's land, yet the sets available contain only a few moving poses. Isn't this something Strelets can remedy, with sets like "french WWI infantry charging" or "Anzac charging", or is it a touchy subject? Love to hear some comments about this.

Re: WWI set

I guess it all depends on the selection of poses. Strelets have shown with their Napoleonic and ACW sets that a dozend poses can be similar but not dull.

This is partly because unlike most other manufacturers, Strelets depict soldiers in a realistically motley equipment, not all in the identical parade dress. Regards, Pa

Pa
I guess it all depends on the selection of poses. Strelets have shown with their Napoleonic and ACW sets that a dozend poses can be similar but not dull.

This is partly because unlike most other manufacturers, Strelets depict soldiers in a realistically motley equipment, not all in the identical parade dress. Regards, Pa

Well I hope they make their WWI range, I just looked at what's available for WWI at PSR, I mean it's just horribly bad, especially the output by HaT. The Zvezda sets look good but are terribly oversized.

I really like the new French pose. I like the Serbian Infantry as well,
although I would prefer early war Serbians (and Austrians).

It is true that we lack variety in WW1. I am sure that whatever Strelets make for that era will sell well.
I agree that Early Serbians are a must. People were put of by the Coates & Shine set; mostly because it was uninspiring with dull poses and poorly sculpted.
Strelet's choices of WW1 subjects have been great so far. I particularly like the big-gun sets and the cavalry: looking forward to the Austrian Honved.