Strelets Forum

Welcome to the Strelets Forum.
Please feel free to discuss any aspect of 1/72 scale plastic figures, not simply Strelets.
If you have any questions about our products then we will answer them here.

Strelets Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
ACW SHOOTERS

The marching and advancing ACW sets are very good and surely needed. But please don't forget the shooters. Firing lines were an integral part of the civil war as both sides would line up and face each other and just fire away. Kneeling,standing and reloading figures hopefully with BAYONETS would be appreciated. All the upcoming sets are exciting for the hobby and I appreciate your hard work. This is just a suggestion for another future set down the line. Thank You! Cappy

Re: ACW SHOOTERS

I'd second Cappy's request.

Cappy
The marching and advancing ACW sets are very good and surely needed. But please don't forget the shooters. Firing lines were an integral part of the civil war as both sides would line up and face each other and just fire away. Kneeling,standing and reloading figures hopefully with BAYONETS would be appreciated. All the upcoming sets are exciting for the hobby and I appreciate your hard work. This is just a suggestion for another future set down the line. Thank You! Cappy

FYI, if you have some time, go back to November 2016 (page 4 of the Forum), and just read all the Strelets responses to everyone's questions about their new ACW Range and you'll find they went into great detail. There are many threads, not just one, so be sure to check all of the subject lines for ACW. We were discussion heavily 1066 Hastings also in between. Strelets began with detailing ideas in their initial discussions for ACW in 2017 and 2018. This year, their initial releases will be marching and advancing with Officers and Bannermen, I believe just like their Nappy Highlander sets. If sales look encouraging, they will move on to attacking and firing poses (and I hope casualties) and more. I suggested making one set of Cavalry and running it in both Blue and Gray, and they were quite adamant about making original moulds for both. They indicated if there is enough support from us customers for ACW, like there was for the Crimean Range, they will continue to expand the Range. So get a big coffee and sandwich, and read all up and down November of 2016 (page 4 of the Forum) and you'll find some really exciting information giving us something to look forward to well into 2018 and beyond. - GC

P.S. I'm not trying to speak for Strelets. I was just so impressed with their level of enthusiasm and detailed efforts answering our questions then, we might miss something the second time around.

I have wanted to paint a confederate firing line since forever, just need some good 1/72 figures to do it with, so count me in for a few boxes.

Firing lines would be great.
The confederates should have a variety of headgear,caps and slouch hats.Broad brims on the slouch hats please so as to be readily bent up at the front (or sides) and even trimmed to create individual looking soldiers.(Gol'durn Johnny Rebs!)

Celtic warrior
Firing lines would be great.
The confederates should have a variety of headgear,caps and slouch hats.Broad brims on the slouch hats please so as to be readily bent up at the front (or sides) and even trimmed to create individual looking soldiers.(Gol'durn Johnny Rebs!)

I completely agree with Celtic Warrior here about the Slouch Hats with upturned brims. This style does look uniquely cool. The Pickett's Charge 2 Set has this kind of pose wearing a hat with the upturned brim on the side; he's dead center row two. It would be nice to see one or two more with that style and also brim turned up in the front and even upturned in the front and back, kind of Cavalry style. I've always thought the Airfix Confederates had a certain charm in this regard, although I wish both of their Union and Confederates would have had a nicer mix of Kepis and Slouch Hats just like the Strelet's Masters do. Very, very nice!