Strelets Forum

Welcome to the Strelets Forum.
Please feel free to discuss any aspect of 1/72 scale plastic figures, not simply Strelets.
If you have any questions about our products then we will answer them here.

Strelets Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Question re future sets

I would like to add my voice to a request for early/pre- Napoleonic sets. I think that most people in this hobby have been at it a long time and probably like me have vast stocks of the common troop types. I for one would be unlikely to buy another set of British infantry in Belgic shako or late wars French and I have hundreds of Austrians in helmet and shako. The revolutionary period, immediately before the Napoleonic wars however is virtually untouched and fertile ground.

I think it's better to do not go to the competition on the market again the other companies, but You try to be alternative... and I like to see the Russian infantry in greatcoat for Austerlitz, the Austro-Ungarian Jaeger in corse-hat, the Prussian army for Jena-Auerstad, the 1813 Russian Jaeger, and the Portoguese army. And for the 2ww the french foreign legion for Tunisia, French-Maroccan mountain troops for Cassino. And more important to remake the Russian troops for the Crimean conflict.

In my opinion it would be late French Infantry, British infantry, Scottish infantry, Prussian line infantry, Prussian landwher infantry, Brunswick infantry, kings German legion infantry (hanover), Plus if at all possible all the aboves respective cavalry contingents in standing, advance and attack would be a dream come true.
Many thanks for the question phil

please consider marching russian line infantry 1812 and Austrian line infantry 1809.
if the appetite is even more exotic; marching Westfalen infantry, Portuguese infantry for the Russian campaign and marching wurttembergers would also be great.
finally, marching cavalry sets would also fit nicely; on this one, i would vote for marching russian dragoons 1812.Good luck!

If we are talking about cavalry as well as infantry, then I would like to see standing cavalry with their swords resting on their shoulders, like the summer cuirassiers in the Borodino set.

Dear Strelets,

I would be very keen to see figures for Napoleon's earlier campaigns (they were his most successful, aferall)and for the Peninsular: waterloo has been done to death.

So, i would like to see Austrians in helmets;
Hungarians in helmets
Prussian Musketeers in Bicornes;
Prussian Fusiliers and Grenadiers;
French in Bicornes;
Russians in shakos (at the moment only grenadiers are available);
Dutch in shakos

British in Stovepipe shakos
Portuguese in Stovepipes and/or barretina (the former is arguably more versatile, as the uniform can also serve for later spanish and some Prussian reserve regeiments)
Spanish in Bicornes

You've already done two sets of Highlanders, so I think they're covered. I prefer my figures not to be in great coats, it takes away the beauty of the uniforms. I have to say I'm not too keen on standing poses, but your marching and advancing ones are beautiful. As several others have mentioned, I use marching figures with shouldered, rather than slung muskets.

I would also be interested in seeing figures for the French Revolutionary wars, so,
Austrians in casquettes
Ditto Hungarians
British in bicornes and long-tailed coats with lapels
Prussians in casquettes
Russians in Bicornes
French in tarletons

A little exotic, but in the longer term i would like to see:
Hessians in bicornes
Badeners in helmets
Wurtemburgers in crested or dragoon-style helmets
Bavarians in raupenhelm

I personally don't need any French garde off any description, as i have more than i know what to do with!

Of course, if there was any scope for a generic set of marching figures for the Great Northern and Marlburian wars (Tricornes, no turnbacks on the coat) then i would snaffle them up like nobody's business :)

Thank you for asking!

Strelets
Gentlemen,

we're thinking about launching a whole line of standing/marching/advancing/etc. Napoleonic armies.
In your opinion, which armieas are the best to start with?
Thanks in advance for your opinions.

Best regards,

Strelets

Am I the only one who wants sets in Greatcoats?

Re: Question re future sets +1 for greatcoats

Traveller, I am with you. I would buy any sets in greatcoats for early or late Napoleonic wars

First couple of sets should be austrians and russian musketeers. I will anyway buy all the napoleonics that Strelets will produce.

How about the Ottomans who fought the Austrians and Russian... perhaps some mercenary French troops too.

Austrians in helmet. No one else does them - so they are a gap in the market. HAT already produces marching figures, so from a sales point of view I'd look at what they haven't done for starters.

Strelets
Gentlemen,

we're thinking about launching a whole line of standing/marching/advancing/etc. Napoleonic armies.
In your opinion, which armieas are the best to start with?
Thanks in advance for your opinions.

Best regards,

Strelets

I realise I'm a bit late but, I would like to see marching and action sets with Swedish Napoleonic infantry, these would also work to some extent for Russo-Swedish War of 1808-09 and war against Norway. HaT has the artillery and cavalry sets but their infantry set was lacking. Hope you will consider this and not only cover the big nations in this conflict.