Strelets Forum

Welcome to the Strelets Forum.
Please feel free to discuss any aspect of 1/72 scale plastic figures, not simply Strelets.
If you have any questions about our products then we will answer them here.

Strelets Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Arab revolt foot rebels

Wow......I can die happy :-)

Fantastic ! Look forward to getting my hands on these .

I'd seen a few figures on forums but the whole set together - well...

WOW!

Just WOW!

Stunning. Must have set of figures and not just for Arab Revolt. These would go well for Pulp Adventures, (Think Mummy 1 and 2, yeah lets see them dog headed warriors run into a couple of Vickers teams.)

Superb!

It's been 100 years of the sounds of silence in the Arabian desert since Lawrence and his Arabs terrorized the Hejab Railway blowing those iron horses off their rails and into their sandy graves. That is until Strelets resurrected the Revolt in 1/72 scale.

A century ago the Ottoman Turkish steam locomotives heated up the desert sands running from station to station carrying troops, supplies and pilgrims all the while fearing the worst from ambush. And now Strelets' foot arabs are laying in wait behind many a sand dune, again ready for a fight.

I can't wait to set these guys up to relive the past. Great looking foot arabs, Strelets.

Note: For collectors and wargamers looking for a low-tech and reasonable cost of building a nice railway diorama / wargaming table set piece, Thomas the Train has some great looking semi-soft plastic sand color railroad track pieces that snap together in every imaginable shape. And the trains and flatbed cars and more are easily converted with simple paint jobs. eBay sellers can supply you all you need. And there are some cheap knock-offs from China these days. Low tech toys, of course, but they actually look nice. A little Green Stuff to fill in that smile on the front of the locomotives and just sand it smooth.

Nice work Strelets Team!

Oh for eff's sake...this is another army I have to collect now, thanks Strelets

Absolutely outstanding. Gonna get some of the mounted lads before they disappear.

Dear Zirrian,

you've got to hurry up, they are almost all sold out.
Please be guided accordingly.

Best regards,

Strelets

Strelets
Dear Zirrian,

you've got to hurry up, they are almost all sold out.
Please be guided accordingly.

Best regards,

Strelets

that was fast.i imagine this would be one of your fastest sold out sets?
you will have to rerun them if you keep putting out nice figure sets like this.

Dear tom s,

indeed, this set was quite successful.
Having said that, we are re-running 3rd time sets 116 and 117.

Best regards,

Strelets

wow 3 times,i would have never guessed these 2.

Dear Zirrian,

some more for you to collect:

Have a nice week-end!

Best regards,

Strelets

Is that a Serb I see before me? And could his Bulgarian foeman be far behind? If so, you are satisfying a mighty gap in the 1/72 markets!

Samogon
Is that a Serb I see before me?

This is getting interesting. _Very_ interesting.

WWI Serbs?

This keeps getting better and better.

Footgear and caps clearly point towards Serbian troops, which would be great to fill an important gap in the market (the Coates & Shine / HäT set suffers from poor sculpting). I think the same figures could be used for WW2.

They are wisely dressed in coates and hide their ammo pouches, so lots of conversion possibilities (WW2 Greeks anybody?)!

As there are enough Adrian helmets already, I would prefer having as many as possible in the traditional serb sajkaca cap. These men were not spoilt with automatic guns, so one light machine gun pose would be enough for me.

Thank you Strelets! Pa

I wonder if Strelets is trying for flexibility in this set? The Serbian army that fought in the Balkan Wars and the first two years of World War I was dressed in the Sajakca cap and the distinctive Serbian uniforms, mostly armed with Russian-supplied weapons (Mosin-Nagants and Maxims). After the army's defeat in 1915 and its great retreat over the mountains through Albania, the survivors were in rags and had lost most of their weapons along the way. When the army was re-formed on Corfu with mostly French assistance, they were given French uniforms (along with the Adrian helmet) and French weaponry like the Chauchat and the Lebel. That was the look of the Serbian army that took part in the battles of 1917-18 on the Salonika Front and later as the army of Yugoslavia right through the war of 1941 against Germany and Italy.

So it looks like the set is designed to be useable for two different time periods and two different conflicts - the Balkan Wars and battles against the Austrians, Bulgarians and Germans in 1914-15 and then the later Salonika Front battles in 1917-18 with French uniforms and equipment. Hopefully there will be a good enough mixture of troop types and weapons that each part of the set is sufficient for each conflict.

Would Agree with Samogon, a mixture of early and late stuff that shouldn't really exist at the same time... The Lewis gun is doubtfull at best and "handle" is a 1920 mod designed for carrying, it is un-necesary for combat otherwise....

Samogon
So it looks like the set is designed to be useable for two different time periods and two different conflicts - the Balkan Wars and battles against the Austrians, Bulgarians and Germans in 1914-15 and then the later Salonika Front battles in 1917-18 with French uniforms and equipment.

My references confirm this quite nicely.

There are several sets of WW1 Fench (and other troops wearing the Adrian helmet), which can pass very well as Serbs since the difference was mainly in button-sized emblems.

Therefore I would much prefer this set to have the 1914-15 look.

It will be the basis for countless conversions:
- WW1 Serb artillery (same caps but on WW1 gunners in puttees)
- WW2 Serbs and partizans (everything fits nicely)
- WW2 Greek (some carving to the shoes and cap required)
- WW1 Bulgarians (different caps needed)
- WW1 Romanians (other caps needed, Zvezda have a mini set with one, HäT did a big one)
- Spanish Civil War troops (other headgear needed)
- etc etc

Regards, Pa

An absolutely incredible set! I will be buying several!

BRILLIANT BRILLIANT BRILLIANT

Can't wait for those guys and their Turkish opponents to get here. Thank you Strelets!!! :-)

Hi friends.

I was a member of the Forum hat and now, as well as other friends of hobby, I'm going to the Strelets Forum.

I wrote to Strelets :

"I have bought all your WWII releases and like any classic collector of figures, I could never fail to buy the figures of the Arab Revolt.
The "Lawrence" cavalry I've already bought 4 boxes. Future releases of Arabs on foot and Turks, I intend to buy 6 boxes of each. They are magnificent.

I would like to make a suggestion that would make collectors happy and would also be a sales success of their figures:

Also make a troop of the French Foreign Legion in the desert.
Which classic collector would not also buy boxes of legionaries to fight with these magnificent Arab figures?"

They replied that they're going to think in
idea.
I believe that the Strelets French Foreign Legion figures in the desert to fight the Arabs, would be desired by large number of collectors

Regards.

Jaques.

That would be awesome, I've been waiting for another set of classic FFL for years! I definitely believe there would be a market for them too.

On the other hand I think the French uniformed CSRG (called Automatic Rifles at the time) is good and not previously done before in this attacking pose, he needs a second to act as a quick loader though, a set of late WW1 french Infantry weapons would certainly be welcome... a DB/VB rifle grenade team and a small portable pneumatic trench mortar(called howitzers at the time)like the 1915+ 60mm Brandt (early tripod and later lighter stand on a foot version existed) with compressed air supplied by a hand pump or bottle...

Heavier tripod Brandt Type A 1915, pic probably taken 1918.
http://www.douglas-self.com/MUSEUM/COMMS/pneuguns/brandt4.jpg