Strelets Forum

Welcome to the Strelets Forum.
Please feel free to discuss any aspect of 1/72 scale plastic figures, not simply Strelets.
If you have any questions about our products then we will answer them here.

Strelets Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: 2017 wishlist

Umpapa

RUSSIAN CIVIL WAR (1917 – 1922)

I'll second that!

Russian Civil War is a good idea! I'll second that.
However, many sets WWI Russian units have been produced. They are perfect for Civil war but hard or impossible to come by. Examples : the 2 Russian WWI Infantry sets

Best regards

Michael

Michael Robert
Russian Civil War is a good idea! I'll second that.
However, many sets WWI Russian units have been produced. They are perfect for Civil war but hard or impossible to come by. Examples : the 2 Russian WWI Infantry sets

Best regards

Michael

Strelets WW1 Russian infantry in winter dress are particularly useful for various RCW factions and the bulky greatcoats suit the sculpting style of the time. Got quite a few of those sets. Same for the RCW winter Red infantry although I don't think the summer sets hold up so well.

A slight frustration with the Red infantry sets was that the number of budenovka hats was actually reduced from the number shown in the masters - the only time I've seen that happen and not a good change IMHO. Of course, by no means all Reds wore the budenovka but those that didn't just look like WW1 Russians (with the shoulder straps removed) and there are several good sets of those already available. Much preferred Orion's decision to have all their Red cavalry in the bud to which you could sprinkle units with WW1 figures in peaked caps and fur hats.

However these aforementioned are difficult to portray with any of the figures available...

• Naval Infantry
• Partisans (eg Makhnovist)
• Nationalists (Ukrainian, Polish, etc.)

Medieval Far East Asia (11th-14th centuries) is a huge void, miniature-wise, for an epic period of history which saw Chinese dynasties, Korean kingdoms and Japanese shogunates all clash and ultimately struggle to fight off the encroaching Mongol tidal wave.

Vandals- mounted and on foot
Byzantine cavalry
WW1 Balkans Armies :Serb, Romanien, Bulgarian...
Early WW2 Allied : BEF, Dutch, Greek, Norwegian ...

I'll put it this way nappies nappies nappies nappies nappies nappies nappies nappies nappies o did I mention Napoleonic figures
The latter style uniform the better
Many thanks Phil