Strelets Forum

Welcome to the Strelets Forum.
Please feel free to discuss any aspect of 1/72 scale plastic figures, not simply Strelets.
If you have any questions about our products then we will answer them here.

Strelets Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
ACW

I find it very interesting, amusing & delightful all this interest in Strelets' coming ACW sets! It wasn't all that long ago that people on this forum, & others, rebuked attempts at stirring interest in the ACW. I guess all it took was Strelets picking a couple of interesting & requested sets, then posting some photos of kick ass masters to spur interest!

Re: ACW

Bert
I find it very interesting, amusing & delightful all this interest in Strelets' coming ACW sets! It wasn't all that long ago that people on this forum, & others, rebuked attempts at stirring interest in the ACW. I guess all it took was Strelets picking a couple of interesting & requested sets, then posting some photos of kick ass masters to spur interest!

I wasn't one of them. In fact not long ago I emailed several plastic figure companies for some reason, Caesar and maybe Strelets about my and the community's need for ACW marchers. Then suddenly Strelets post these marching masters so they must have listened to me! So you all have me to thank for this! Seriously though, I'm guessing Strelets have this planned long time ago but I really wish other companies would jump on the ACW bandwagon and release more ACW sets, though I doubt it will happen.

The proof of the pudding is in the eating.....lets all hope they sell, the problem with past ACW sets is that they did not sell well,Strelets are being brave, but I do feel the time is right and the figures look to be the best in our scale yet.

Alan Buckingham
The proof of the pudding is in the eating.....lets all hope they sell, the problem with past ACW sets is that they did not sell well,Strelets are being brave, but I do feel the time is right and the figures look to be the best in our scale yet.

A big hurdle might be that not many are used to such high quality from Strelets, hopefully word spread that quality has improved.

I guess the ACW-return began with Italeris re-issues of the old Esci sets, just sad they didn't re-issue their own big artillery set with the mortar too.

well judging by the scarcity and ridiculous prices,there seems to have been a demand for previous strelets acw sets.as to other sets by other companies,you cant really blame people for not buying very good sets.

That Tom was my point, these guys look to be very good, so if they don`t sell well it has to be due to little interest in the period, my money is on them selling like hot cakes though.

Products have to create their own momentum. Releasing several related sets together is a good idea. Drip feeding over several years (decades)or stopping soon after a launch is fairly typical in plastic 1/72nd scale figure ranges and of course does make the era seem unpopular. The American Civil War is attractive to all figure collectors for lots of reasons which I think have been comprehensively discussed in several forums. Great contemporary photos, excellent research, myths galore, paunchy re enactors etc ACW has lots to offer. Raiders like Quantrill, Jayhawkers and Bushwhackers are rarely tackled. Did somebody write it was a gentlemanly war? Read on. Plenty of small scale actions though. Like most things the more you know about it the better it gets. There was the PBS The Civil War in which you could immerse yourself (doze off) in the subject. I seem to think each episode of 9 was titled by a quotation and had more fame in the speaking parts than the academy awards and now it has been sharpened up,4K etc. So worthy you became a PhD by mental osmosis. The World at War , The Great War and The Civil War the war docu triumvirate.
If they don't sell well we should all start baking hot cakes*.

*Barm cake is like a bun or bap or a bread roll esp in Lanky land. Oat Cake is like a pancake but made of oats. So in English cake is not just a sweet thing. Eef it wer code theed have an 'ottun. A trifle parky so I will opt for something more warming.

David O'Brien
Products have to create their own momentum. Releasing several related sets together is a good idea. Drip feeding over several years (decades)or stopping soon after a launch is fairly typical in plastic 1/72nd scale figure ranges and of course does make the era seem unpopular. The American Civil War is attractive to all figure collectors for lots of reasons which I think have been comprehensively discussed in several forums. Great contemporary photos, excellent research, myths galore, paunchy re enactors etc ACW has lots to offer. Raiders like Quantrill, Jayhawkers and Bushwhackers are rarely tackled. Did somebody write it was a gentlemanly war? Read on. Plenty of small scale actions though. Like most things the more you know about it the better it gets. There was the PBS The Civil War in which you could immerse yourself (doze off) in the subject. I seem to think each episode of 9 was titled by a quotation and had more fame in the speaking parts than the academy awards and now it has been sharpened up,4K etc. So worthy you became a PhD by mental osmosis. The World at War , The Great War and The Civil War the war docu triumvirate.
If they don't sell well we should all start baking hot cakes*.

*Barm cake is like a bun or bap or a bread roll esp in Lanky land. Oat Cake is like a pancake but made of oats. So in English cake is not just a sweet thing. Eef it wer code theed have an 'ottun. A trifle parky so I will opt for something more warming.

There are plenty of examples of compassionate acts between enemies. With "gentleman's war" I meant that the ACW was still fought "as an old war" yet it was the first of the new wars. On both sides sharpshooting was disliked and considered dishounarable, Lt Cushing wrote letters about not shooting at wounded, retreating troops etc. Honour was definitely still a word with meaning during the ACW.

2 days left on an ebay us auction for strelets confederate staff.bidding is up to 35.00 usd.i think there is demand for acw,at least for strelets sets.

My two hopes for this new resurgence by Strelets:
*Other companues make more ACW sets when rhey notice the success.
*Strelets produce more ACW sets, Zouave sets with turbans, kepi, hats and fez. Sets with Hardee hats, berdan sharpshooters, frock coats and so on....