Strelets Forum

Welcome to the Strelets Forum.
Please feel free to discuss any aspect of 1/72 scale plastic figures, not simply Strelets.
If you have any questions about our products then we will answer them here.

Strelets Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: 2017 wishlist, to HARON

Vietnam from DDS/ Orion/ Ultima Ratio? appreciate for more news. Thanks

ORION

Hi Haron,

Wow this is exciting news! Can you tell us more? What sets are you making for Vietnam? I have the old Esci sets and the Pegasus Marines, but would love to get some reinforcements!!!

take care,

Re: 2017 wishlist, to HARON again

Orion's style, lovin' it. by the way, new sets from Ultima Ratio (WWII and medieval Swiss)/ Orion (Turkish)coming yet? any sneak peek. Thanks

Re: 2017 wishlist

I can get upteen sets of the 'master race' on bicycles, riding horses, goose-stepping, even 1946 fantasy figures and riding on tanks but it seems as though nothing happened on the western front from 1939 until 1944!

At last a few early war allied tanks have been produced by S models and PSC. But all we have are a couple of French 1940 troops and thats it to go with these tanks.

One principle admission missing set is early war BEF. Yes the mini BEF sets from Zvezda are good, especially the 2pdr, but the series was cancelled with only a few sets produced.

Time for early war British troops for the Greek, Norwegian and Homeguard usage.

RCD
I can get upteen sets of the 'master race'

I think you mentioned this two or three hundred times before, but still you are right, and yes to a 1940 BEF set!

Further on my list:
- WW1 Serbians
- WW1 and WW2 French Colonial infantry (Senegalese etc.)
- WW2 British artillery crews
- WW2 U.S. artillery crews
- WW2 Chinese
- Boxer War Chinese Imperial infantry

• WW2 Chinese. Chinese/Far East civilians (as well as Tong/Triada).

• First half of XX century civilians.

• Essentialy pulp, esp interwar and WeirdWorldWar2 stuff.
- civilians (doubling as civilians in WW2)
- gansters and mobsters, US/Europe.
- Tong/Asiatic/Yakuza gangsters
- US policemen
- civilian/nazi zombies
- hooded cultists, also sacrificing
- and ... pulp heroes sets (can be overpriced) : brave adventurers/anthropologist/archeologist, elder professor, their loyal native friend, The Great White Hunter Jumanji style (cork helmet and elephant rifle), evil aristocrat (top hat&tails, tuxedo/white tie), detective, reporter with flash camera, damsel in distress (chained to chair), damsel before sacrifice, shaman/witchdoctor during sacrifice, masked Shadowlike avenger with rapier and revolver, crazy scientist. Extra point for extra heads in top hats, fedoras, fez, turban, African mask and cork helmet to let some conversion.
Maybe even robot servants, trained chimpanzee, Frankenstein's monster, Predator etc. (There is enough ghosts, Yetis/Saskwatch, vampires and gorrillas already)

Here is my pulp list:
http://umpapas.blogspot.com/search/label/pulp

• Donkey Cart
• Pancho Villa and Federales. Generic Mexicans in Sombreros. Gunfighters and US marschalls.
• Sets of Pioneers, Townsfolk, Prospectors, Sherriff & Outlaws , Gamblers, Buffalo Hunters and Cowboys, Long Duster Coats, Slouch Hats etc.

RUSSIAN CIVIL WAR (1917 – 1922)
• Naval Infantry
• Partisans
• Nationalists (Ukrainian, Polish, etc.)
• Bolshevik Artillery
• Makhnovist Partisans
• Ukrainian nationalists

Not sure if 20th century figures in 1/72 are priority, I think this scale is more suitable for 19th, 18th century with massed infantry in columns..

Umpapa

RUSSIAN CIVIL WAR (1917 – 1922)

I'll second that!

Russian Civil War is a good idea! I'll second that.
However, many sets WWI Russian units have been produced. They are perfect for Civil war but hard or impossible to come by. Examples : the 2 Russian WWI Infantry sets

Best regards

Michael

Michael Robert
Russian Civil War is a good idea! I'll second that.
However, many sets WWI Russian units have been produced. They are perfect for Civil war but hard or impossible to come by. Examples : the 2 Russian WWI Infantry sets

Best regards

Michael

Strelets WW1 Russian infantry in winter dress are particularly useful for various RCW factions and the bulky greatcoats suit the sculpting style of the time. Got quite a few of those sets. Same for the RCW winter Red infantry although I don't think the summer sets hold up so well.

A slight frustration with the Red infantry sets was that the number of budenovka hats was actually reduced from the number shown in the masters - the only time I've seen that happen and not a good change IMHO. Of course, by no means all Reds wore the budenovka but those that didn't just look like WW1 Russians (with the shoulder straps removed) and there are several good sets of those already available. Much preferred Orion's decision to have all their Red cavalry in the bud to which you could sprinkle units with WW1 figures in peaked caps and fur hats.

However these aforementioned are difficult to portray with any of the figures available...

• Naval Infantry
• Partisans (eg Makhnovist)
• Nationalists (Ukrainian, Polish, etc.)

Medieval Far East Asia (11th-14th centuries) is a huge void, miniature-wise, for an epic period of history which saw Chinese dynasties, Korean kingdoms and Japanese shogunates all clash and ultimately struggle to fight off the encroaching Mongol tidal wave.

Vandals- mounted and on foot
Byzantine cavalry
WW1 Balkans Armies :Serb, Romanien, Bulgarian...
Early WW2 Allied : BEF, Dutch, Greek, Norwegian ...

I'll put it this way nappies nappies nappies nappies nappies nappies nappies nappies nappies o did I mention Napoleonic figures
The latter style uniform the better
Many thanks Phil