Strelets Forum

Welcome to the Strelets Forum.
Please feel free to discuss any aspect of 1/72 scale plastic figures, not simply Strelets.
If you have any questions about our products then we will answer them here.

Strelets Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
ebay lol

someone just won an auction today for 1 norman shield wall set.
paid 69.00 usd.id hate to be the one to tell him you can purchase the new bigbox set for half the price,and get a bunch of other figures as well.

Re: ebay lol

Perhaps he wanted the shield wall poses? As far as I know they aren't included in the new big sets?

Traveller
Perhaps he wanted the shield wall poses? As far as I know they aren't included in the new big sets?

there are 3 sprues of the normans in the hastings set.

Pity that profit isn't going to Strelets. Apart from the seller who gets boasting rights and the money and e bay get their cut nobody else benefits from this. It certainly doesn't mean Strelets have extra cash to invest in new products.

Strelets could have the cash if they'd only re-release some of the sets that
are no longer available - such as the Norman shield wall set. The fact that people
are willing to pay inflated prices for them proves there is still a market.
Putting the old sets in new Big Boxes proves Strelets still has the molds.
But someone wants more than one set of Saxon Shield Wall, it is impractical to
buy several Big Box sets.

Strelets has already been paid for them once already, just someone cashing in on a set thats out of production, Resin tooling means short run and thats it, all the others who produce by this method never do re-issues either for a very good reason.....

Britsfan
Strelets could have the cash if they'd only re-release some of the sets that
are no longer available - such as the Norman shield wall set. The fact that people
are willing to pay inflated prices for them proves there is still a market.
Putting the old sets in new Big Boxes proves Strelets still has the molds.
But someone wants more than one set of Saxon Shield Wall, it is impractical to
buy several Big Box sets.

very true.
i can understand putting these sets in big boxes to intice more people to purchase.
but i think that if strelets rereleased the norman and saxon shield wall sets,they would sell alot of them.