Strelets Forum

Welcome to the Strelets Forum.
Please feel free to discuss any aspect of 1/72 scale plastic figures, not simply Strelets.
If you have any questions about our products then we will answer them here.

Strelets Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: ACW in greatcoats

I would love to see ACW in greatcoats. Would also purchase them as well.

chuck
not to mention Shiloh!..........

Was gonna mention Shiloh but got unsure, all paintings I've seen depict the troops without greatcoats, so not sure about that one..

I really want these sets, even if we only get one mixed set I'm happy. All those winter scenarios is what I look forward to.

edit: I seem to have mixed up Stones River with Iuka in my first post, which was fought in September, not the time of year for greatcoats..

Shiloh was fought on april 6th and 7th so the weather was not all that warm, even in the south. plus I've seen some re-enactments there and there were plenty of greatcoats. your right about stones river, that's another good one. man I can't wait for these new sets to come out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Fredericksburg was fought in December so there are lots of great paintings of soldiers in winter outfits. Don Troiani did a wonderful painting of the Irish Brigade charging up Marye's Heights at Fredericksburg. Link:

https://www.google.com/search?hl=en&site=imghp&tbm=isch&source=hp&biw=1920&bih=963&q=fredericksburg+battle&oq=fredericksburg+battle&gs_l=img.3..0l6j0i5i30k1j0i8i30k1l3.1828.10904.0.11535.21.17.0.4.4.0.166.1846.1j16.17.0....0...1ac.1.64.img..0.21.1883...0i30k1.5sZTMdpCV0w#imgrc=5AWHT9_5j7gyCM%3A

The weather at Shiloh was unseasonably warm in the Spring of 1862.