Strelets Forum

Welcome to the Strelets Forum.
Please feel free to discuss any aspect of 1/72 scale plastic figures, not simply Strelets.
If you have any questions about our products then we will answer them here.

Strelets Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: New Strelets set announced, napoleonic "Highlanders in attack"

More great Sappers....oh dear more expense

Like them alot but I thought that officers wore trousers or pantaloons and nor kilts.???? Am I wrong????

whats this make now,about 100 sets and 3 big box sets coming out.
strelets is on a roll.

Superb looking Soldiers! I especially like that each Marching and Attacking sets have their own Command figures. I recall in one of the earlier Teaser pics, there were two Bagpipers but I only saw one in the Marching set. Now I know where the other one was assigned to. Absolutely brilliant, Strelets!

They seem to have worn kilts when on foot:
http://www.42ndhighlandregiment1815.co.uk
http://misshendrie.blogspot.com.au/2013/11/dressing-highland-officer-of-napoleonic.html
http://www.militaryheritage.com/highlandbroadsword1798.htm

To echo the sentiments of others, we love (and hate) you Strelets for all of this wonderful temptation!

Thanks (seriously),

James

Hi Strelets,

have just added this great set to my next order from my online supplier, I must be annoying you with requests for pose quantities and was wondering if you could let us know the pose quantities by either stating it when you post news or perhaps by adding text to images outlining quantities of each.

I know plastic soldier review does this but only when they get their initial review done.

I hope you dont mind this request as i love your products and have learnt that if you dont get your order right you can miss out as sometimes they sell out very quickly. I have pre ordered 60 boxes of your new napoleonic sets.

Also do you have any news on uk release dates?

many thanks for ending the long drought in napoleonic sets, hopefully hat will also be releasing their great sets soon. so happy days in the world of Napoleonic plastic figures

Dear Allan,

rank and file soldiers 4 x each, command group x 1 each.
The new lot will come out in December.
Please be guided accordingly.

Best regards,

Strelets

You are right... If there is a chance to set it right, then PLEASE Strelets, do so. :-)

For a long time I bemoaned the lack of decent highlander figures that were actually available to buy. Eventually I stopped whinging and set about converting the figures in a set that had good sculpts but only one good pose, and ended up with a bunch of poses that I like

To be honest I might, just, prefer my dodgy conversions because I put a bit of myself into them.
But I'm still going to buy these, you bet I am! I might end up with more highlanders in my collection than there are in the highlands but I don't care. Coming to think about it most of my Highlanders so far are defensive poses, so, yes I need Highlanders in attack (incidentally if you make figures in a firing line as good as these I'll probably buy those too, I don't particularly need them, but who cares).

These are fabulous looking figures and again the poses of the pioneers are outstanding. "Who says it's not opening time".

Thank you Strelets for not letting the existence of a few mediocre sets prevent you from making a superior one.