Strelets Forum

Welcome to the Strelets Forum.
Please feel free to discuss any aspect of 1/72 scale plastic figures, not simply Strelets.
If you have any questions about our products then we will answer them here.

Strelets Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Bringing Strelets to a wider audience

Yes spread the word, I posted the preview-images in that thread, hopefully people realize that much improved products are coming from Strelets. I cling to the hope that we'll see the Pickett's charge set before christmas but I know it's too optimistic..

Clickable link:
http://theminiaturespage.com/boards/msg.mv?id=438428

Spreading the word helps, but most will visit this site, however they rarely ever post so are invisible to us, the key is keeping the news prominent so those who visit less often don`t miss it . You can see some anecdotal evidence by the number of views, ok some of us visit a thread or post more than once, but over a period of weeks it`s not ten, twenty or thirty who have read a post but many hundreds. Most of whom never look past page one or even the first few posts at the top of the page.

Eg this thread two replies but eighty one views so far, typically on this forum 250 to 500 per thread.

Alan Buckingham
Eg this thread two replies but eighty one views so far, typically on this forum 250 to 500 per thread.

The ACW threads attract most views which is a good sign.

I swear to f-word TMP always gets closed for maintenance when I want to read something there.

Why the hell they need all that downtime?

Surely Strelets know how many they sell. I am not sure why Strelets wouldn't know how to plug and I always assumed the plugging from collectors started way back.
Forum hits to sales must be easy to work out. If 500 hits = 500 sales or 500 hits = 200 sales though I could see this being fiddled to get a wish list into plastic miniatures once the feline is released from the satchel. If you read buyer reviews on websites you quickly realise they have, in the main, been made up and are worthless or at best should be taken with sackfuls of salt.

If I went into my local Wilko (son of Woolworths)or Sainsburys stores and Strelets figures were there as a big stand then it would be different. Those days are long, long past.

Wargamers buying multiple boxes have probably kept things going for a while and will probably continue to do so but it is not a new thing and the TMP page referred to touches on the issue of scales and preferred material for (ACW in this case) miniatures. I presume Strelets know the parameters of production, sales and distribution of their products and I therefore don't see what I can add to that. Oh I can add a bit - good luck.