Strelets Forum

Welcome to the Strelets Forum.
Please feel free to discuss any aspect of 1/72 scale plastic figures, not simply Strelets.
If you have any questions about our products then we will answer them here.

Strelets Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Zulus

ironsides
Matelot said: " I think those HaT minions need not pester each and every forum with their zulu **** (seems they like half naked bouncing Africans?....)"

The Zulus were and are a brave and resolute people, some like to remember that, and degrading them in such a fashion is not really appropriate is it...

Stop telling lies. I didn't degrade the Zulus, I was speaking of those who celebrate their defeat (and apparently love to see them bounce around half naked) even on the level of playing around with plastic figs.

Well, it's well known that you're one of those HaT minions, too...

People can judge as they wish but your comments are obvious to me....

And its clear now where your Gripe lies, but what has this got to do with Strelets and interested parties asking for figures of any nations armies?... pray tell....

ironsides

People can judge as they wish but your comments are obvious to me....

And its clear now where your Gripe lies, but what has this got to do with Strelets and interested parties asking for figures of any nations armies?... pray tell....

Why should other companies finish what your beloved favourite company has promised for years but never delivered?

Why should HaT minions ask favours from Strelets when, not long ago, they had the audacity to attack Strelets for having made public that they have an issue with HaT over bills not paid by the latter? Attacked not only on Benno's but even on their own website...

Quite impertinent, in my opinion...

Simon Bennison
I've not caught up with many threads here but I was wondering if zulus had been dicussed, with so many zulu war sets available through Hat there is a huge hole when it comes to the zulus themselves, must be a market for them!

Stop sock-puppeting from your Orange mobile, AB, you must be getting desperate!

Seriously though, this is a staggeringly silly request. There are several perfectly good sets of (married) Zulus already. As I'm sure you know, the only "hole" is unmarried Zulus and that is the subject of a HaT crowdfunder. If it fails to get funded then other companies are hardly going to risk it and if it does then HaT will make them! Either way why would Strelets be interested?

Or perhaps those that want them can perform the simple conversion of carving off the head-ring of existing Zulus to make them "unmarried"...

Just caught up with this thread, whereto start, well any swipes at me directly or indirectly on the subject of Zulu`s I will soak up, no bigger fan in our hobby you will find of the noble Zulu people who so bravely defended their homeland from a land grabbing imperialist invader. but then that is only telling part of the story, my I suggest Matelot you read " The washing of the spears" for an unbiased fact based account of the conflict, where you will discover the British government did not want or seek war with the Zulu`s, a few hot heads in South Africa did, and thought they could have a little war cover themselves in glory before the home government could stop them, events proved otherwise, a fabulous read, and it will change your views, if you have an open mind and want to learn that is.

Simon, well done, there is room in the hobby for more sets of Zulu`s for sure, the crowdfunded set on Hat`s page is currently the only way we can speed up the arrival of unmarried Zulu warriors, once fully supported we can lobby for other sets, and I certainly will. I learnt a long time ago how to deal with the hater`s and negative`s on the subject, those that moan about half naked warriors often want north american Indians or Celts, then they moan about imperialism while requesting Romans, or worst of all ask for and buy WW2 Germans and the more "elite" (ss like) they look the better, so to be honest moans about Zulu war request from those has always been and always will be water off a ducks back.

Truthsayer
Simon Bennison
I've not caught up with many threads here but I was wondering if zulus had been dicussed, with so many zulu war sets available through Hat there is a huge hole when it comes to the zulus themselves, must be a market for them!

Stop sock-puppeting from your Orange mobile, AB, you must be getting desperate!

Seriously though, this is a staggeringly silly request. There are several perfectly good sets of (married) Zulus already. As I'm sure you know, the only "hole" is unmarried Zulus and that is the subject of a HaT crowdfunder. If it fails to get funded then other companies are hardly going to risk it and if it does then HaT will make them! Either way why would Strelets be interested?

Or perhaps those that want them can perform the simple conversion of carving off the head-ring of existing Zulus to make them "unmarried"...
.......... ....anonymity or false Id`s are not my thing, I quite like the fact that my relentless perseverance on all things Zulu war in 1/72 irritates a few , and at the moment I am on a full house with digs here, Benno`s and on Hat`s forum, that`s a first, of course the way to stop me or at least get me to change subject would be for the last few unmarried Zulu sets to get purchased thus ensuring production, then I can start to ramp up my posts on Colonial wagons etc

Alan Buckingham
... of course the way to stop me or at least get me to change subject would be for the last few unmarried Zulu sets to get purchased thus ensuring production, then I can start to ramp up my posts on Colonial wagons etc

Buy the remaining sets yourself. You want "zulu's, 1000's of em"? Buy them, and you'll get them. For your eyes only....

I have purchased ten sets $140 worth so far and will buy more, I put my money where my mouth is

Re: sigh

Truthsayer

To an extent this is correct. And we should never lose sight that this whole business over Toy Soldiers (cause that's what they are!) isn't worth getting in a tizzy over: plastic colour, holes in ranges, figures sizes.....none of it truly matters. Small figures & big egos? All faintly ridiculous. Family, careers & friends etc are far, far more important than blobs of plastic.

For what it's worth though, there should be a difference between figures of Married & Unmarried Zulus beyond the head ring.

For starters, shield size. The UMs tended to carry the newer & smaller shield, the Ms carried the larger, traditional shield.

http://www.africancraftsmarket.com/Traditional-Zulu-shields.htm

I also think the middle aged Ms should be stockier in build compared to the slenderer & younger UMs. HaT seems to have addressed this in their existing & putative sets.

I hope the HaT Kickstarter (& other Zulu figure) sets get made but it won't blight my life if they don't. Whether I have figures that show the differences between UMs & Ms or whether I trim off headrings or don't bother, no-one apart from me would notice.

Don't you think you should also put things into perspective?

It occurs to me that since the OP Simon is quite new to this forum (first post on the 7th of this month) That perhaps his inquiry was quite genuine and that he had absolutely no idea he was going to offend anyone's sense of political correctness.

I haven't found any instances of him "pestering" any one on any subject on other forums, I'm pretty sure that he hasn't posted at the other place and I haven't seen any posts by him at Benno's (although the way Benno's is set up it's just possible I might have missed it).

As for him being another forum regular posting under an assumed name, a simple search of his name in relation to 1/72 figures turned up someone running a web shop selling lots of painted figures on e-bay, apparently since 2004. For the record, it's not the same seller listing Allan used when selling some figs a short while ago and anyway I'm pretty sure Allan's not a Yorkshireman.

So, Welcome Simon. Sorry you stumbled into someone else's ancient relic of a hissy fit. I'll do you the courtesy of assuming that you didn't join this forum just to wind up the host and that your post was a genuine attempt to open a discussion, so:

If Strelets was interested in making Zulus I suspect they would have
told you by now (if I got that wrong Strelets are welcome to correct me). You've found another company with lots of Zulu war figs they have Zulus and there may be more to come. Also Italeri have re-released their Zulus in conjunction with their laser cut MDF Rorkes Drift buildings. you might also check out A Call to Arms, not sure on the availability of those.

The Italeri re-issue is a great Dark Brown color, and is very stiff, yet soft feeling plastic, I'm sure perfect for painters and non-painters alike. Bend it, twist it, it does not break. Very nice set.

ACTA Zulus very nice soft plastic, but a Light Tan color, and Undersized for 1/72 (maybe true HO Scale) ... go figure!?

HaT re-issues in Dark Brown and Soft Plastic - Bingo! ...

... Just saying ...

The Unmarried Zulu`s are up and running, so thank you to everyone who has supported the project, and thanks to Strelets for letting us post and talk Zulu`s. For those of you who have not seen my posts elsewhere Germania figures are worth a visit, they are starting a range of 1/72 Zulu war figures, and very good they are too, so please support them, the more we buy, the more they make, everyone wins.