Strelets Forum

Welcome to the Strelets Forum.
Please feel free to discuss any aspect of 1/72 scale plastic figures, not simply Strelets.
If you have any questions about our products then we will answer them here.

Strelets Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
polish infantry in attack

looking good,i like the look of the poles.

Re: polish infantry in attack

tom s
looking good,i like the look of the poles.

Me too, but please Strelets, include more than one command, or either relese them separately, as a single command group for 40 or so figures is not neaarly enough for wargaming.

Love the officer, he looks like he is in a duel. "Ten paces, turn and fire Monsieurs!"

Very nice - and if an officer set comes in each box I will be very happy.

I have a load of spare Waterloo 1815 so I am not too bothered if I end up with extra men - I use 36 figures for a battalion, so will only use 30 "men" per unit, but the ten extra per box will soon get used...

Thanks

Marc

Agreed Tom. I will be very happy to acquire some of these fine gentleman.The officer looks like the same pose on the cover of the below book (Orphan Eagles - Polish Armies of the Napoleonic wars") which I conveniently purchased earlier this year.

"Buy it and they will come"

http://www.fishpond.com.au/Books/Orphan-Eagles-Vincent-William-Rospond/9780990364900

Isn't the artist credited somewhere in the book?

The style looks like Peter Dennis's (90% certain). Prolific, talented and knowledgeable military artist works for Osprey and Warlord Games etc
Actually the illustration is on the Warlord Games Polish Vistula Legion box and of course contains a figure like the one referred to.
Seems strange to mention the illustration but not its creator which was of course not Mr Rospond who was the author.

David,

You are correct. Peter Dennis is credited with the cover illustration on page 3 of the book. My reason for highlighting the book in general was as a recently released reference source.

The book itself contains many pictures from a variety of artists, some of these are well known (Knotel etc), others are new to me. e.g including Polish troops of the early legions, 114th Demi Brigade in 1802, or the Jewish National Guard of Warsaw. A very interesting read, and a good primer for anyone considering creating Polish forces and their evolution over the Napoleonic era.