Strelets Forum

Welcome to the Strelets Forum.
Please feel free to discuss any aspect of 1/72 scale plastic figures, not simply Strelets.
If you have any questions about our products then we will answer them here.

Strelets Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Elf Warriors FINALLY?

Check miniknights/Caesar Facebook
Page.they have a video up showing the elves set 2.

Hmmmmmmmmmmm, some disparities tho. Their site claims 12 poses for 36 figs, showing the 12 poses. However, there are pix of 2 poses not shown on the site. One is an archer reaching into his quiver. This pose is shown in the Facebook video & VK. The other is an Elf with the "Unicorn" helmet with his pole arm overhead. This pose is shown at VK. Makes me wonder if MK/C is trying to be tricky, as they are known to be, & there are 2 sets of Elves or the set is bigger then listed.

Bert
I thought they were probably Caesar too. I think you are wrong about who they are. I think the first are Elves from the battle where Sauron lost the ring to Isildur. The winged ones I'm not sure of, but every pic I've seen of the Minas Tirith Citadel Guard shows them with real wings on the traditional Gondor helmet. Of course, if they are Caesar, we know they tend to *******ize what they are making, unlike RedBox who just makes them as they appeared! It almost looks like there are actually 3 styles of helm & armor. I wish I knew where these came from?

Despite I told what they are before...check Warriors of the Last Alliance. The Elves are Rivendell Elves (High Elves) while the men of Gondor are from the same period (when Sauron's finger got cut off), they are Númenor Warriors. The Minas Tirith Citadel Guard wear a much different armor, and are armed with spears.

just saw this set for sale on ebay,from a russian seller.
that was quick.

They are actually 3 different types.
Galadhrim Warriors (elves)(Wood Elves from Lothlorien) which have the low set helmet
Rivendell Warriors (High Elves from the Last Alliance of men and elves) helmet with the crest
Numenor Warriors (Men of Gondor from the Last Alliance of men and elves) helmet with the wings

So a good number of these are men, not elves and these are all very close copies of the Games Workshop figures that these represent.

It appears that there is more than 12 poses which would be great if there was 2 boxes but looks like it may be a mixed bag in each box. Which makes it real hard to calculate how many boxes one might need to get certain unit sizes.

And since PSR don't do fantasy figures there's no reference site.

I also wish they had made figures with spears rather that the 2 handed weapon which is very awkward if you are trying to put units of figures together, considering bows and spears were the primary weapons of the elves. Even the men should be bow and spear as they formed rank similar to the elves with spear at the front and bow behind. Alas it looks like there is only one man archer pose. I'd love to get my hands on enough boxes to make the 3 different army types but I don't want to order one box here and another one there especially if the contents will be different in each box, and they appear to already be out of stock on the Miniknights/Caesar website.

I wonder whether there might be a cavalry set coming, although I'm not a fan of previous Caesar historical cavalry sets, so not hopeful they'd create good horses for an elven cavalry set.