Strelets Forum

Welcome to the Strelets Forum.
Please feel free to discuss any aspect of 1/72 scale plastic figures, not simply Strelets.
If you have any questions about our products then we will answer them here.

Strelets Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Tropical Japanese-shorts

Well it appears they are best for New Guinea 1943 (if it matters)

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/f0/d0/65/f0d0659864839afb2b1ec08eeb2b3258.jpg

THANK YOU STRELETS !!
Very nice figures indeed.....definitively going to buy them.
Few figures appear to have big front pouches...are they correct?

Furthermore: I really hope you'll continue on this range with some nice additions like:
- ragged japanese troops
- troops manning supplies, ammo boxes, building defences
- artillery + Crews

I'm a diorama builder not a gamer. I usually modify figures to suit my needs (frankensteining :-) ).....but it would be nice to have figures that don't need to be modified.

cheers

These figures look great, I look forward to putting them against the Early War Americans

Re: Tropical Japanese

The knives carried by some of the figures indicate that they are Takasago (Taiwanese aboriginal) volunteers. Taiwanese were used by the Japanese as a sort of tropical commando. Overall this is an excellent set and I am absolutely loving everything Strelets has put into these sets. First Japanese paratroopers and now this! Never thought I'd see figures representing these troops and can't wait to see what the future has in store.

Sean Emrick
The knives carried by some of the figures indicate that they are Takasago (Taiwanese aboriginal) volunteers. Taiwanese were used by the Japanese as a sort of tropical commando. Overall this is an excellent set and I am absolutely loving everything Strelets has put into these sets. First Japanese paratroopers and now this! Never thought I'd see figures representing these troops and can't wait to see what the future has in store.

Takasago = Seediq

Not all Seediq were sworn enemies.

A mixed bag really. Not sure I find the shorts and the knifes useful. The officer seems to believe he was mounted! Three submachine guns is a total overkill for Japanese since the received so very few.

On the positive side, nice faces, proportions, and some other detail like the cammo branches and helmets worn over caps. The figure firing over his head is very creative. Strelets have clearly made an effort not to reprodcue the figures already on the market. Lots of bajonets also, which is great.

Q: Is the sniper's scope correct? Regards, Pa

Since these are actually Japanese/Taiwanese special forces (they really should have called them that as opposed to the generic tropical infantry) the giyuto knives and sub machine guns are perfectly fine.