Strelets Forum

Welcome to the Strelets Forum.
Please feel free to discuss any aspect of 1/72 scale plastic figures, not simply Strelets.
If you have any questions about our products then we will answer them here.

Strelets Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Quiver-Question

Not sure why the two fingers gesture attracts such interest. Like most things of that nature they say a lot more about the present than the past. Funny that nobody can quote the source nor feels the need to. I like Mr Rowland's account as the Sheela na Gig was on many churches with connotations of fertility so at least there is some documentation with that one.
From churches to the Bible, Genesis 27:3 mentions quivers, bows and hunting so that gives some credence to the hunting use as the English translation of the Hebrew, Greek, Latin texts would have used common terminology in the 16th/17th centuries (time of vernacular translations). Hunting the doe under the greenwood required stealth and firing on the move. One of my ancestors was a Fletcher ( 2 or 3 greats grandfather ie 18th c )so my toxophilic knowledge is probably genetic and therefore outstandingly accurate.

BTW my hobby is collecting military miniatures not toy soldiers. My hobby, my terms of endearment likewise feel free to use plastic wotsits, widdel sojurs ,
martial simulacra or whatever and if it keeps the show on the road- fine by me.