Strelets Forum

Welcome to the Strelets Forum.
Please feel free to discuss any aspect of 1/72 scale plastic figures, not simply Strelets.
If you have any questions about our products then we will answer them here.

Strelets Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Uncovered periods

The Sun King's Wars and the Battle of the Boyne.

The Boyne would also cover Sedgemoor and the pitchfork rebellion, another period on my all time wants list.

The French Indochina conflict, 1946-54. You could have French Foreign Legion, French colonial troops, Vietnamese army regulars and guerillas, for starters.

Alan Buckingham
" ... But I would also like to see another set of British infantry suitable for 1898-1901 done using the current sculptors and production team, the originals being a little flat around the head and helmet and lacking enough detail."

Totally agree (British 1898-1901 by current sculpting standards)

Spanish-American War ...

1. American Rough Riders on foot suitable for Charging Up San Juan Hill (preferably some with Confederate Style Blanket Rolls) in Mid Blue Color

2. Spanish Defenders in cool looking (confederate flat in front style) hats with double ammo pouches and braces in Light Blue Color

... Sil vous plais

I gotta go with all conflicts for British & French colonial 1800s! I want me some adversaries! What we have now is crap!

Airfix Arabs
ESCI Muslims
A few camel riders sets from HAT
A couple Madists sets
Strelets LOA

That is about it! It was such a cool & colorful period that is so desperately under represented! We have lots of nice British Colonial sets & a couple of FFL that can easily be fleshed out, but their adversaries are seriously lacking! Seems a lot of people feel the same, but are being a little short sighted. I want it all!

What I'd like most is a completion of the Jacobite rebellion range but as far as uncovered theatres go how about Napoleonic Ottomans or Wellesley's Indian campaigns. Also Napoleonic Royal Navy ship's boats and oarsmen.

A lot of Colonial requests here, a set of British/ European civilians in the colonies might interest me.

Re. Dave's suggestion for the Spanish American war, maybe, I don't know. For some reason I was quite drawn to this theme when I saw Juan Carlos's conversions on another site. If the set contained a recognisable figure of Teddy Roosevelt charging up San Juan Hill, I might buy it. If the set had a bonus figure of Teddy Brewster charging up the stairs in "Arsenic and Old Lace" I'd be first in the queue to buy it.

Haitian Revolution

Sandino and Nicaraguan Rebellion

Mexican Revolution and Civil War (1910 to 1925)

Another vote for Mexican Revolution. We need more sombreros.

Add my name to the list of people wanting Mexican Revolution sets!

I tried very hard to stay on topic but a few sets for conflicts already partly covered slipped in somehow

the burma campaign in WW2

WW2 BEF infantry

WW2 Greek infantry

WW2 artillery crews: U. S., British / Commonwealth, Japanese, German in ankle boots (late war, FJ, Mountain troops)

French Colonial Troops 1870-1941

Boxer War: Chinese Imperial infantry

Russo -Japanese war (if cleverly done, these could be used for Boxer Rebellion and WW1 too)

Balkan wars 1912-13 (if cleverly done, these could be used for WW1 too)

Franco-Prussian War 1870/71: cavalry, artillery

Italian Wars of Independece 1848-1870

Austro-Hungarian troops for the war from 1848 to 1866 against Italy, France, Denmark and Prussia

I vote for South American Liberation Wars San Martin (The Andes campaign)and Simon Bolivar.

Regards.

Cesar.

Anything post WW2. French Indochina would be a great start, but also Korean War winter figures (USMC, Chinese, Commonwealth), Arab Israeli Wars, Iran Iraq, African Bush Wars, NATO WARPAC, etc...

This is a huge gap. We have all the tanks, planes, helos, vehicles, but no figures!!!

Feudal Japan, Koreans to go with them, modern figures would be a good idea (tho I have most of them set with having the Esci WARPAC set three times, plus Esci and Ultima Ratio SPECNAZ as well), HYW French, Mounted Sergeants, mercenaries, foot knights, mounted knights, Irish, Scots, Napoleonic french mounted Chasseurs, Spanish Cavalry, Spanis Artillery, WW1 late war British infantry, WW1 late war German infantry, WW2 late war commandos in berets, American War of Independence, etc. etc...

Boxer Rebellion

I may be an outlyer here, but I'd really like a series of proper Boxer Rebellion troops here. Whatever has been produced so far could really be improved massively.

There are also some key WW1 sets that are very much missing, in particular Romanians and Bulgarians. Greeks would also be nice, in particular the Evzones that fought so bravely in WW1.

Re: Boxer Rebellion

2nd/3rd century Roman legions.

Fill the gap between the familiar 1st century legionaries and the almost Byzantine "late" Roman sets.

Would not necessarily require new "Barbarian" types, as these legions spent as much time fighting each other for their respective nominees to the purple.

Though we still need some decent Goth/Vandal/Frank era German infantry units.

Also support calls for Anglo-Indian wars of 19th century; native armies would make great figures.

Re: Boxer Rebellion

Russo-Japanese war.