Strelets Forum

Welcome to the Strelets Forum.
Please feel free to discuss any aspect of 1/72 scale plastic figures, not simply Strelets.
If you have any questions about our products then we will answer them here.

Strelets Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Fuzzy set

I'll go with WWII French Army North Africa.

Regards,
Andrew

If 'Fuzzy sets' are a new concept by Streletz, with the aim of pleasing all of us by making non specific figures that we can imagine are whatever we particularly want. Then I have to say that I'm finding it hard to imagine that these figures are The Duke of Cumberland's Dragoons.

I thought maybe WWII Italians in N.Africa wearing sun helmets but the guy with the bren does look like he's wearing an Indian turban. Then I recalled that some Indian turbans have a conical centre piece. So WWII Indians does seem to be a good call.

Thanks to Alan I now see this thread.
My first guess as I said above is French; possibly Foreign Legion or WWII North Africa.
Like Alan, I was excited to see the word 'Fuzzy'. Then I remembered the row that the use of the word generated on another Forum.

I am sure if strelets did make a couple of sets of F***y W****es. They would be very very popular; Even if they were called Hadendowahs and Dervishes.
So there you have it, Strelets dear chaps, my vote for some Dervish sets.

Just had another idea for the 'Fuzzy' set: could they be WWI Turks to compliment the 'Lawrence' set?

Are they colonial Vichy French to take on the South African troops, and other Commonwealth Med and American troops? If not it would make an ideal set that has a lot of potential.

WW2 Chinese?

The headgear doesn't look Japanese to me.

The officer appears to be wearing either shorts or breeches.

MG with curved magazine, stick hand grenade. The Chinese used both.

Perhaps N.A. French with a mixture of African headgear and German / British weapons?

WWII French Senegalese troops is my guess, Indian would be my other guess but most of the headgear looks too tall for me. I would be pleased if it is either of these as these men really deserve to have their courage and contribution to Allied victory in WWII commemorated. Of course, might be totally wrong.

Can't be sure but it looks as if first man top left has a sword with end of scabbard showing behind his leg. Japanese? Just don't know! Cappy

Legion Etrangere WW2

Perhaps the Japanese Infantry in Tropical Dress set? I also have a sneaking suspicion it might be 17th Century Russian Strelets Warriors as well...

Could it be the queue at the optometrist?