Strelets Forum

Welcome to the Strelets Forum.
Please feel free to discuss any aspect of 1/72 scale plastic figures, not simply Strelets.
If you have any questions about our products then we will answer them here.

Strelets Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Future Japanese Releases

Hi Strelets,

I was not going to bring up the EU on a model soldier site but seeing as you have already, The Heart is supposed to mean the Sovereignty side of the argument such as being able to make your own independent decisions on Laws, Immigration etc, The Head is supposed to mean the Economic side of the argument such as Trade and Business.

Personally I am for Leaving the EU, decisions on the Sovereignty, Law, and Immigration should be in the control of the British People, the Economic argument to me is completely flawed, as The Remain side seem to only portray a worse case doomsday scenario if we Leave then we would be unable to trade with anyone, which clearly is unfounded and lacks credibility, we have a massive trade deficit with the EU and most of the World, trade would continue regardless you don't need a trade agreement to trade.

I have tried to keep this brief you can email me if you want more.

Now back to that mystery set Strelets I am hoping it is Napoleonic Ottoman Infantry (Nizam I Cedit) if your quick they could be made just in time for when Turkey joins the EU.

Strelets
Alan,

just curious how heart and head manage to so peacefully co-exist in one body
It looks as if this dilemma is more a media creation, then actual problem

Best regards,

Strelets
.....Strelets, it`s not peaceful this is giving me a headache, and your thinking not just for yourself but for your children too, I am genuinely being torn in two...I will be glad when it`s over.

Hi Alan,

My advise would be to do what you believe in right or wrong your conscience will be clear as you would have done things for right reason, then you can get back to your hordes of unmarried Zulus and get them married or what ever you have planned for them.

Brian, thanks that made me giggle, it will be all over tomorrow, my wife made her mind up today, I am still torn, I am going early tomorrow to vote and trusting my instinct on the day, and then I will only worry after the count if there is a majority of one

Dear Alan,

fully understand your frustration, luckily, my elder one will vote tomorrow for the first time in his life (hence no blame on parents), and what a good opportunity to start with!

Best regards,

Strelets

Like the idea of keeping every one guessing - would be nice to see an expansion of the 1812 Canadians (hint!)

When thinking of voting remember the two sayings

1. Politics is like jam making - all the scum rises to the top.
2. Guy Fawkes - the only man to enter politics with honourable intentions.

I must admit its a difficult one as I am yet to be convinced that the underlining theme is who is going to run a certain political party - the 'Donald Trump tribute band' or the 'arrogant posh boys' (Their words not mind!)and not what is good for the country.

Still we will know by Friday

A former colleague of mine used to go to the same school with current and also, possibly, future PM. Interestingly enough, he said, that he wouldn't have trusted to any of them . There seems to be an old rivalry, or shall we say competition?

It is Blair and Brown all over again,although popular Boris may have misjudged this and it may well cost him, but they have refrained from any personal stuff and they said at the outset they would all work together whatever the outcome,time will tell. My overriding thought on the whole thing is that everyone is telling whoppers to us the electorate, and trying to make an informed decision about the biggest decision we as a country collectively are going to make maybe ever is clouded by the fog of politics and darn right lies.

IMHO the real dilemma is pretty straightforward, despite all the "fog of war":
1. either nation assumes more responsibility and freedom to handle its own affairs, or
2. vests its hopes and powers to a third party, hoping that this third party, sitting elsewhere, possesses knowledge, that is somehow superior to your own (pretty much like savings, that you put to a bank, hoping that bankers won't squander your money around).

I think that says it well, it certainly covers the economic argument in a nutshell, the emotive stuff is another matter and that is very subjective, depending on things like what you do for a living, everyone in Farming will be in, everyone in the Fishing industry will be out , and where you live and how immigration effects you etc etc, I think it will be a close call whatever way it goes.

Strelets
IMHO the real dilemma is pretty straightforward, despite all the "fog of war":
1. either nation assumes more responsibility and freedom to handle its own affairs, or
2. vests its hopes and powers to a third party, hoping that this third party, sitting elsewhere, possesses knowledge, that is somehow superior to your own (pretty much like savings, that you put to a bank, hoping that bankers won't squander your money around).

I'm anxious to see how this turns out as the U.S. has a major stake in this decision's outcome. News reports the main issues are (1) Economy, (2) Immigration, and (3) Identity. I've lived long enough to see how all of these things have changed the landscape of the U.S. and both sides of the issues the U.K. is faced with today.

Rightly, it's none of my business, except to ask, How can we get the price of 1/72 toy soldiers rolled back to 50 Cents a box?

Other than that, I will only say "Good Luck, Mates!"

Qte:
"How can we get the price of 1/72 toy soldiers rolled back to 50 Cents a box?"
Unqte

Pretty easy, GarrisonClay - when Fed will return to gold standard.

Best regards,

Strelets

Just in case you have not yet decided what to do after the next batch, here's another vote for WW2 Japanese field artillery. Regards, Pa

Coming back to the original topic, can I please ask to have the Japanese figures with no or very few submachine guns, just like the real Imperial Japanes Army?

Paratroopers might be ok with several submachine guns but infantry just did not have them in any relevant numbers, in any theater.

If the lack of submachine gun poses makes you feel that's a rather boring set full of riflemen, some suggestions:

Strelets' sculptor likes figures firing a machine gun from the hip, this is a pose more useful in a Japanese set than in others. A no. 2 gunner carrying ammo would be a great companion, especially give the fact that the Japanese had few transport vehicles. For the same reason, a mule with handler would be great. HäT have given us bicycle troops but Strelets could add either a figure carrying a folding bike (or mortar, for that matter) or a spotter lying prone on his bike on the ground. Regards, Pa