Strelets Forum

Welcome to the Strelets Forum.
Please feel free to discuss any aspect of 1/72 scale plastic figures, not simply Strelets.
If you have any questions about our products then we will answer them here.

Strelets Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Hastings

Perhaps they represent poorly armed men of the Fyrd although giving them agricultural tools might have been better.
I looked at the Bayeux Tapestry and only found one man holding something that looked a bit like this but that was actually an oval shaped shovel seen from front on in a building scene. At the end of the Tapestry there are four men carrying maces running from pursuing Norman cavalry but the maces have four lobed, sort of flower shaped heads and while the handles look quite long they are not actually longer than those on the clubs used by William and Odo.
I think I can easily change the heads on these clubs if I want to.

Congratulations to Strelets on these great sets of figures, good to see figures for William and Bishop Odo. The William figure is cleverly done, the hand lifting his helmet clearly identifies him as William but it's still a good generic fighting pose and the figure is not tied to one small incident in the battle. I thing
k Odo's cross could easily be substituted for the club hanging at his belt for those who prefer it. The Stamford bridge figures look terrific too, I love the hawking figure.

One thing though. The carved end of Williams club is, I suppose, a bear and staff or something similar, but it looks like a Maori Tiki. Did he get it on his hols?