Strelets Forum

Welcome to the Strelets Forum.
Please feel free to discuss any aspect of 1/72 scale plastic figures, not simply Strelets.
If you have any questions about our products then we will answer them here.

Strelets Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
stamford bridge masters

count me in.brilliant masters!
maybe harold godwinson and harald hadrada?

Re: stamford bridge masters

Delighted this set is being done. Love the quality of the sculpts, Harold ? looks a tad awkward, not sure that is a natural pose, and swords were expensive, so anyone carrying one would be a wealthy man,and would have some armour and a shield. Your average infantry man would more likely have a spear or axe as his main weapon, I will be buying this one

The masters look good.
I do like the warrior helping his wounded comrade.
Regards.
Patrice

Great idea to make this set. Been waiting for it (honestly) for some time now.

Definately gets a thumbs up from me.

The masters look nice though somewhat fancifull, the central figure cant be Harold Godwinson as he didn't wear a crown at stamford brige but a gilded helmet none of the others say King Harold G to me, Harold hardrada's men called him Emma behind his back because of his unusually long mail shirt, he was very tall, well over six feet "six feet of good English ground or as much as he is taller then other men" sayeth Harold G in the guise of a messenger... at least if you believe King Haralds saga credited to Snorri Sturluson....

The bars on the back of the shields are not original these were added by the museum to the Gokstad shields and everyone has copied them ever since.... the back should be more or less flush... but its an improvment on many others often stapped to the arm...

Pretty much all professional warriors would carry swords, it was also law in anglo saxon england at the time and the warriors were generally well equipped, at stamford bridge the vikings were not expecting to fight a battle but rather negotiate the surrender of York after the victory at fulford gate... it was a suprise... and had left their mail shirts with the boats....

Lovely, exciting figures, beautifully sculpted, another Star Wars film and some early medieMamvals to look forwards too - oh boy!

Is it too late or technically too difficult (ie cause too many moulding problems) to move Harold's shield? It's waaaay too open and inviting any one in range with a missile weapon to pepper the king. It just screams 'vulnerable'. As much as I am against them perhaps a seperate shield so it could be in a more defensive posture?

i hope the big box set includes m001 and m003.cant find any of those sets around.

what´s this? Chelsea vikings or what?

Really nice, very tempting

Hi Tom, Strelets have previously indicated twice they would re release the earler sets along with news ones as an expansion of the range.That seems to be progessing nicely.

Dear Strelets
Brilliant masters so far-why not the same quality for the Spartacus-set ?
best regards
Richard Jung

These are great figures! It makes one excited to see the rest of the masters.
But, how many people will be willing to fork out the money for this big box set
when they know the mini sets that could be so useful to go with it are no longer
available?