Strelets Forum

Welcome to the Strelets Forum.
Please feel free to discuss any aspect of 1/72 scale plastic figures, not simply Strelets.
If you have any questions about our products then we will answer them here.

Strelets Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: open gap in the Alliance list

I'm guessing it's 2 sets of Elf army; 1 infantry, 1 archers. Since there was no Elf cavalry in the 6 movies, I doubt you will see them.

There was elf cavalry in the hobbit. Unless we're talking about some other movies.

Where? You mean for 10 secs on the hill after Smaug invaded Erebor? That's asking a lot of Red Box! They never fought! I'm not against Elf Cavalry, but I just think armored infantry & archers is more likely.

Re: open gap in the Alliance list- more Elvish horsemen

Bert, there were mounted Elves hunting the orcs that were pursuimg the Dwarves as they approached the entrance to Rivendell, in the Hobbit.
By providing cavalry the manufaturer will have nicely extended the usefulness of these sets beyond the narrow settings of the movies and into the wider realms of Tolkein mythology, as found in the lengthy appendices to LOTR re the battles of the second age, and in the wars of the First ages in Beleriand against Morgoth (described in Tolkein's epic Silmarillion).
Happy hunting.

In addition to that, actually there were no dwarf armoured infantry in films until the Hobbit third part , but Allance had already released two sets!

And never heard of "half orc mounted in wargs" before!

I push als forward for the Elrond elf cavalry :)

Yes, agreed, but they are part of the films now! All the dwarf sets now feature just what most would call Dwarf Irregulars or Dwarf Adventurers! No real Dwarf army!

Hey, I'm all for Elrond's Cavalry!

Yeah, not sure why they made them? Especially with a mounted Saruman, but hey, it's not like they aren't useful!

Ah Danny, you got me! As soon as I saw the 1st words of your post, I knew! Like I said, I'm all for Elvish horsemen! & I know RedBox is going beyond the movies, but I would much rather see a set of Elven Infantry & another of Elven Archers than get another over drawn set containing both! Ala Amazons & their current Elf set! You're stuck with too many Archers & not enough Infantry poses! LIKE their Amazon set! But I like the way you think!