Strelets Forum

Welcome to the Strelets Forum.
Please feel free to discuss any aspect of 1/72 scale plastic figures, not simply Strelets.
If you have any questions about our products then we will answer them here.

Strelets Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Cimmerians

I have seen the inspiration for these somewhere and cannot remember where.

They look a bit like something out of the Schwarzenegger film, but I am sure I have seen a much better fit for the main figure in the picture, in a piece of art work. The problem is that for the life pof me I cannot remember where.

Looking forwards to both group of sets.

Re: Cimmerians

If you're referring to the guy with the axe, I'd say one of the Conan movies or possibly "Gladiator!" I'm more curious as to why they picked the name "Cimmerians" because in the Conan films, Cimmerians were good guys, weakly weaponed & poorly armored, but they are also the only people specifically named. So I guess you go with what you know!

If it was from the 1992 film it was either the bad guys at the start of the film - Thulsa Doom's warband, or the 'orcs'/trolls he has serving him in the mountain caverns.
It might also be a piece of artwork by someone like Gerald Brom http://www.bromart.com/gallery.html
from the Dark Sun art series like this

In fact now I look at it, I think that that is what I was thinking of.

Which is okay, because no matter what you call them I can find a use for them.

Well, according to the films, Conan IS a Cimmerian so it should be neither! I agree it comes from that artwork! No doubt!

Frank Frazetta is King

ironsides
Frank Frazetta is King

No arguments there.

So now that we appear to be getting figures based on the works of Robert E Howard any chance for some green four armed martians from ERB or Lovecraftian occultist fishmen....cause that would be amazing. :)

Sean Emrick
So now that we appear to be getting figures based on the works of Robert E Howard any chance for some green four armed martians from ERB or Lovecraftian occultist fishmen....cause that would be amazing. :)

I think the actual ERB green men are something like 16ft tall(which was obviously a problem for the film) making them about 2.5 inches high in 1/72... but why stop there? I think if redbox went for it they'd do the lot....

What can I say!!! Go for it Redbox....

ironsides
Sean Emrick

I think the actual ERB green men are something like 16ft tall(which was obviously a problem for the film) making them about 2.5 inches high in 1/72... but why stop there? I think if redbox went for it they'd do the lot....

What can I say!!! Go for it Redbox....

Yeah they're between 10-15 feet tall depending on gender, but redbox is making trolls and they're surely just as big if not bigger.

I have been thinking about these figures a lot recently, for various reasons. Because of issues with my back I have started playing the Skyrim medieval adventure computer game. Kt struck me that these figures remind me of the armours used by chracters and non-player characters in that game.

Which is fine with me, looking forwards to them in fact.