Strelets Forum

Welcome to the Strelets Forum.
Please feel free to discuss any aspect of 1/72 scale plastic figures, not simply Strelets.
If you have any questions about our products then we will answer them here.

Strelets Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Roman Command set

Here is my support for a dedicated roman command set. I have to say that it should be done for the following rationale: Strelets already released several sets of romans: republican marians, caesarians ( just another option for republicans) and imperial. I had a problem with identifying what I already own and what I still am missing in my collection. I bought all the sets for the sake of completeness and diversity of poses. I have the same issue with Caesar germans, as there are so many sets providing diversity, that I can not keep track of what I already have and what I should get for the mentioned purposes. However, if Caesar germans just add to the stash, the case for dedicated Strelets command sets is beyond doubt. They would sell much better than any of the many variations of the rank and file. Strelets do have a market strategy, and I am sure that command sets will follow. I have bought The Roman Legion only for the command figures. But I think it is unwise to scatter resources. One thing I admire Flames of War for, is their marketing strategy. They succeded in imposing 1/100 wargaming as a perfect mean to have your battlefield on your kitchen table. They did add up to existing ranges until exhaustive completion. After more than a decade of successfull marketing of miniatures for european WWII conflict, they only now start to cover WWII pacific. Their success in completing ETO is quickly taken by Zvezda and PSC. Here is a company (from NZ) who had a vision for a long term profit. I wish the same applied to 1/72 manufacturers. Both Strelets & Zvezda before the demise of its owner, had tried to work in this direction. Strelets tried to cover the boer war, the crimean war, 1877... Now it will be completely silly not to have dedicated roman command sets, to complete the necessary sets. No offence Strelets.

Agree wholeheartedly. I fact I was going to make the same suggestion myself, particularly after purchasing the ranks and marching sets.

One each of republican, imperial snd praetorian for a start?!

(http://avonnapoleonicfellowship.blogspot.com.au/)

How often Strelets reacts on the forum? If we can get the promise of an Imperial Command set in the foreseeable future (maybe a surprise set in the next batch?), I'd be really bloody happy and it'd spare me tons of money - and till then I'd work on my Briton army.

Roman Command.... Strelets?

Bump

There was talk some time ago of a Roman triumph set, and it seems to me that Strelets would be the ideal manufacturer for this. Command figures could be included in various poses, plus musicians, lictors, a chariot, a servant holding a laurel wreath above the triumphator, spoils of war etc. Captives, senators, ceremonial troops and civilian spectators have been done in other sets, so not much is needed to allow a proper triumph scene to be set up. Could be part of a big set but preferably stand alone.

michael watson
There was talk some time ago of a Roman triumph set, and it seems to me that Strelets would be the ideal manufacturer for this. Command figures could be included in various poses, plus musicians, lictors, a chariot, a servant holding a laurel wreath above the triumphator, spoils of war etc. Captives, senators, ceremonial troops and civilian spectators have been done in other sets, so not much is needed to allow a proper triumph scene to be set up. Could be part of a big set but preferably stand alone.

We can only dream about this...

Traveller
michael watson

We can only dream about this...

Just like it seems we can only dream about a proper command set... it fact it seems to be the only thing really missing to create a Triumph.....
Incidently it wouldnt solve the problem of not enough command by itself....