Strelets Forum

Welcome to the Strelets Forum.
Please feel free to discuss any aspect of 1/72 scale plastic figures, not simply Strelets.
If you have any questions about our products then we will answer them here.

Strelets Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Spartacus Before Battle masters

David O'Brien
the camping jolly threesome

I'm sorry but looking at that trio this immediately comes to mind (I'm sure others already know what to expect before they even click on the link).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P8ghXxXyAuw

About a month ago I was giving Strelets credit for their improvement in sculpting etc... and now this... ouch!!! Big step backwards! I realy hope this was a one time cooperation.

Sorry Strelets, I would express my reaction to this figures politer if I only could.

Seems to me that the sculptor was trying to capture the inherent variability in such a set; a Thracian, a Numidian, a Greek, and so on.

Trouble is, they have missed the mark, especially compared to the quality of your other offerings—as others have said.

More power to the sculptor for version two!

http://bennosfiguresforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=18827
nothing nore to say

Re: Spartacus Before Battle masters—take a closer look gents!

Gents,

I suggest that you take a second look at these figures as I have. Zoom your computer screen or mobile device snd examine the detail and variety of these poses. The quality of sculpting of the armour and weapons, the variety and character of the faces and facial and head hair. These are classic Strelets! A few of the weapons are large, but that is classic Strelets too.

They are going to paint up beautifully and are definitely on my list.

i look forward to Set M077!

Jams

Jolly keypad on the iPad, should have waited to do this on a computer keyboard!

James

I think considering the number of Roman soldiers they slaughtered and the potential amount of booty captured, equipment should be predominantly roman military, Gladiator gear is very specific(the weapon arm, the head so a combat can continue even with a badly injured player) and intended for its recognition and entertainment value rather then the battlefield...

I would have thought that Spartacus's men would have dumped it the moment they left the slave compound... as a matter of course...