Strelets Forum

Welcome to the Strelets Forum.
Please feel free to discuss any aspect of 1/72 scale plastic figures, not simply Strelets.
If you have any questions about our products then we will answer them here.

Strelets Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
New sets coming ! from RedBox, Orion, DDS, Alliance and Ultima Ratio

some one please translates the Russian news from vk.com/club7879149 ;by the way HARON, the release really fast and surprise us

Re: New sets coming ! from RedBox, Orion, DDS, Alliance and Ultima Ratio

Curtesy of Google Translate
"Today - a small digest of which can be entitled "What did Charon":
1. The following series of sets «RedBox» is expected in late February (6 pieces, which is yet decided, but it is known that in line 2 sets of Japanese guns, men at arms in the War of the Roses (see box art set will be the last on the topic). 4 sets of the Ottoman cavalry); in the release may wedge and a set of American tank in the summer form of «Orion».
2. Sipahi «DDS» continue to prance somewhere on the horizon.
3.Fentezi kits «Alliance» (8-9 pieces) should be available this summer.
4. «Ultima Ratio» Plans for the near future are not."

thats about 15 sets off that list im looking forward to getting.i wonder what the mounted men at arms are,since they already have put out a set earlier.
starting to look like a good year between these and strelets sets upcoming.

8-9 sets for Alliance would be awesome! Anybody have even the remotest idea what those will be? I would imagine the announced, but no show last year, Fantasy Amazons will take up 2 of those spots! With 5 sets of Orcs (mtd & foot) & 5 sets of Half-Orcs (ditto) it would seem the armies of Mordor & Isengard are in good shape! Would still love to see another Dwarf set, unless they are going with "The Hobbit" Dwarf army in which case you would probably need 3-4 more! Am also anxiously awaiting armored Elf Warriors! Could we be seeing some of the armies of men coming out this year? (Rohan, Gondor, Rangers, Beastmen, etc)

Bert, go to Cheap Fantasy Minis blogspot and you can see selections from 3 of the Alliance fantasy sets. Looks like Trolls, (could also be used as 54mm Orcs), Chaos Warrior style barbarians and armored Amazons. I can't wait to see what the rest will turn out to be. Likely a heavy and light version of each, maybe some cavalries?

I would love to see a "random monster" set with assorted traditional fantasy monsters like manticores, griffons, unicorns, minotaurs, golems etc. so we can have a full fledged D&D game in 1/72 plastic.

Thank you Mike! I've already seen the armored Amazon & the Chaos Warriors. Trolls tho! WOW! That is awesome! Hope they make one unarmored for Moria! & maybe another pushing For Black Gate & siege towers! This is a really awesome bit of info! Thanks again!

Somewhere, I have a photo of 2 mtd armored Amazons; 1 riding a lion & the other something else! So armored Amazon cavalry is coming!

Yes, that would be fun! Frankly would love to see a wolfman/werewolf army myself! Not in full wolf version, but more standing upright with tearing claws & gnashing teeth!

How many trolls do you think we will get per box? I am hoping at least 8-10, 1 per pose.

Very tough call! They've never done anything like this before. I'm thinking 5 hopefully in different poses; the 2 armored ones you found, unarmored from Moria, pushing from Black Gate & a drummer.(forgot him!) Anything beyond that will be a bonus!

Oh, forgot to mention, Caesar is coming out with an Orcs 2 set that will be in green like their original Orcs! No word if anything else will be coming with it? Loved their Ratmen & Lizardmen!

Glad to hear there will be more Caesar Orcs. I really wanted green Orcs. For some reason my Caesar Orcs set 1 just came in two shades of standard Caesar grey.

I don't like the Warhammer/Warcraft version of Orcs, so I use Alliance Orcs for Orcs and the Warhammerish Caesar Orcs for Hobgoblins. As I am using my fantasy figures for a more generic D&D type scenario than LOTR, I'm still not sure where to fit the Alliance Uruk Hai half-Orcs in, although they are wonderful figures. Orcs/Uruk Hai and Goblins/Hobgoblins just seem to be two ways of saying the same thing to me.

UGH! Didn't even know they made them in gray? All mine are green!

Very interesting uses for what you have! Actually, I use my Caesar Orcs as Trolls from other fantasy series as they are considerably larger than Alliance Orcs! Some fantasy books I've read feature Trolls instead of Orcs as belligerents & they are man sized, but a bit bigger. (Shannarah I believe is one?) So I use them as these Trolls as opposed to Tolkien's giant Mountain or Cave Trolls! Which, thanks to RedBox, we will soon have!

I'm hoping that RedBox &/or Caesar make better Amazons! I was a bit disappointed with RedBox's! Too many archers! Not enough fighting poses! They are called "Historical" as I guess they depict true version of Steppe Amazons as opposed to Classical Greek, which is what I'm hoping for; muscle cuirasses, greaves, Corinthian helmets, swords & spears! The coming "Fantasy Amazons" look to be far more armored than I would like to see! But should be quite something to see if their cavalry rides on lions & unicorns!

trolls,balrogs, and orc catapult coming in the future from alliance.
scottish cavalry for wotr as well.
im going to go broke.

LOL! You & me both!

Cool news! Balrogs huh? Odd choice as there was just one? Is it going to be in with the Trolls? Orc catapult is going to be great!

Scots Cav is going to be good!

More Trolls! http://vk.com/photo-7879149_401258336

Looks like a couple of them will meet your need for gate and siege tower pushers, Bert!

I am guessing two sprues of 4 trolls each set: one sprue of pushers/rock throwers or catapult loaders and one sprue of armed combat trolls. OR, it might be one set of armed trolls, and one set of pushers/rock throwers. As they come 4 to a sprue, there seems to be two armed troll poses left to be previewed.

In any case I hope we get at least 2 sprues per box.

Correction: The accompanying text to the photo when translated indicates FOUR sets of Trolls, plus the aforementioned barbarians, Amazons, Balrogs and Orc catapult.

My wife is going to be so ticked off when all those sets start arriving in the mail later this year...

WOO HOO! FOUR sets of trolls! In that case, I am guessing we are getting 2 same sprues! Black Gate/Siege Tower movers & Catapult loaders(based on the films, that is what these 2 are!), Armored Battle Trolls(4), Drummer(s) & Cave Troll & ? The 4th set is a mystery unless they are going to do The Hobbit, in which case these would be Mountain Trolls!

The Balrogs seem a waste unless they are going to do it for wargamers?

I hope they take a queue from Strelets & make the figs in soft plastic, but the catapults in hard plastic!

Oh yeah, my wife too!

Thanks so much for the update!

Awesome! Thanks for the link! Not that I really wanted them, but Alliance/RedBox has been very good about making figs true to their box art! (Tho they still owe us 3 Orcs from their box art!) Tho they will go well with my Atlantic Siege Towers!

Hopefully they will post the other 2 Armored Trolls & all the others soon!