Strelets Forum

Welcome to the Strelets Forum.
Please feel free to discuss any aspect of 1/72 scale plastic figures, not simply Strelets.
If you have any questions about our products then we will answer them here.

Strelets Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: WWII Navy (Sand Pebbles Examples)

Exscolari
I have wanted to wargame the sand Pebbles ever since I saw the film in the 1960s. Wonderful release Strelets and thank you GarrisonClay!

Dear Exscolari,

Cheers! I too saw the film in the 60's and what a Classic. Hopefully S*R will give us more U.S. Navy Landing Party type Sailors in fighting kit. They really are quite useful for so many wars. I liked both the One-Sixth Sailors in both their white and blue uniforms with hat and helmet. This first set is very nice and still so much more could be done.

Re: WWII Navy

Nice American seamen which have alot of potential.We could also do with some WW2 Royal Navy as well. As an extra special figure you could have one pose being a crew man with a cutlass!

One of the more interesting stories was the boarding of the German Altmark which was skulking in neutral Norwegian water. Aboard was 250 British merchant navy seamen being held in terrible conditions which the Norwegian navy failed to notice!Under international law they should have been released on entering neutral waters. The destroyer Cossack was sent in and boarded the Altmark to liberated the captive merchantmen. It was the last time that cutlasses were used by the RN. Certainly, I would not argue with someone waving a cutlass at me!

US Navy sailors are great. I will buy many of them. Blue is my first choice, but making them in both Blue and White would cause me to buy twice as many. Crew on a Panay Class gunboat is about 65. An early war battleship has a crew of about 2,000. Looks like I am going to need a lot of these guys.

Thanks guys for thinking about me.

Mike Bunkermeister Creek
Bunker Talk blog

after some decades here come the first set of US navy sailors in plastic, I'm very happy, those sailors with the dixie cup on their head are useful and can be easily converted to serve aboard any US navy warship for the whole period of the war.

I can only hope that this set will be followed by more sailors !