Strelets Forum

Welcome to the Strelets Forum.
Please feel free to discuss any aspect of 1/72 scale plastic figures, not simply Strelets.
If you have any questions about our products then we will answer them here.

Strelets Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: News...

This is usually the most exciting time of the year with Manufacturers making announcements and producing Catalogues showing their artwork and masters for the next year, unfortunately there is not too much to look forward this year.

No new figures from Zvezda not even mini-sets, Italeri maybe or Esci Re-releases? Revell nothing new we could do with some of their Re-releases, Airfix nothing, Caesar only make German's now and many others are silent Emhar, Pegasus, Odemars and Imex.

On the positive side Thank God we have Strelets, Hat have started to make new figures again, Waterloo 1815 have some nice sets coming up, First to Fight Poles are great, Redbox are showing signs of improvement and Mars who so far are not.

We are a little short on new announcements so does anyone have any News to report?
or are you looking forward to anything in particular this year?

Hat have never stopped making 'new' figures, they are working through their back catalogue of masters as fast as the factory can make them. They are also balancing that with re-stocks.

May not look like a bumper year but that is a judgement I prefer to make at the end of the year.

At least I will have a chance to catch up on painting the stash (who am i kidding?)

So far, I think the year has been pretty good, and we're only, what, 4 weeks in.

• Zvezda have released a snap-fit kit of the best tank of WW2; the T34/85

• Roden have released their Rolls Royce 1920 Pattern in 1/72

• First to Fight have released a 75mm mle97, two-to-a-box

• Waterloo 1815 have released their Alpini

• W^D Models have released 2 sets of despatch riders

• At some point Strelets will release their Lawrence of Arabia set

• HaT will release two WW1 sets

And that's just the first 4 weeks of the year. Looks pretty good to me.

To me, this has been a good start.

To add to PDA's list, here is a preview from the Nuremberg Toy Fair:
http://bennosfiguresforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=18673

And a Custers last stand set by Waterloo , the figures look fantastic.