Strelets Forum

Welcome to the Strelets Forum.
Please feel free to discuss any aspect of 1/72 scale plastic figures, not simply Strelets.
If you have any questions about our products then we will answer them here.

Strelets Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Lawrence of Arabia

Please do release the infantry!!! Many thanks.

I think Turkish infantry is a MUST HAVE to go with these fine figures. Not in gray though please. Best Regards! Cappy

I agree , the hat ones are in a totally different style

Sometimes the style does not matter, especially if they are on opposing sides, but Strelets Stalingrad Germans sit perfectly side by side with Caesars and they are very different styles. Time will tell.

Very true Alan, I've also placed those sets side by side and they actually work pretty good together. And I'm so happy to see that T.E. Lawrence will finally get his spot in our hobby!

Dear Strelets,

Your news is very good news, indeed! I totally agree a set of Foot/Infantry would be essential, and others have suggested some great poses.

May I suggest also, an additional figure of T.E. Lawrence, and also Omar Sharif (RIP this past year) in complete Arab clothing to go with Mr Lawrence in his uniform.

Thanks for listening - GC

Dear Strelets
fantastic news that you consider to make Infantry to go with the excellent looking cavalry. Can´t wait to see these released !
And I hope for more interesting WW1 subjects to be announced for later this year

Not sure of these requests for infantry.
These new figures look like Sharifian irregulars (+Lawrence(s))mounted on horses (others would be on camels) at the charge.

Are the infantry referred to in the posts therefore?

Dismounted Sharifian irregulars with horses or camels nearby (ie with a few quadrupeds standing still) .

Regular Sharifian infantry equipped with British uniforms but with some Arab dress and accoutrements.

Regular Sharifian mounted infantry with British uniforms but with some Arab dress and accoutrements. These would be mounted on mules either riding (not charging at the gallop) the mules or deployed dismounted with the mules nearby.

The irregulars could double up on camels(driver and passenger) or be on mules or on foot depending on their status so the horse riders would be a % of the irregular troops. Lawrence's bodyguard was made up of Agayl who were mercenaries and were usually mounted on camels and could be seen as a regular fighting force or something in between regular and irregular forces.

Horses and camels were acquired from captured Ottoman stables (eg at Aqaba)or the Hejaz rly posts etc as the campaign North progressed.

Nice figures.

David

I'd like to see Dismounted or Foot Arabs in Traditional Arabian clothing from Head to Toe, but wearing Bandoliers or Braces, standing shooting, charging on foot, attacking with their sabres in hand to hand fighting similar to the following scene (past the add):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vR3FPplcJGg

I've got plenty of Camels from Airfix for charging or standing still and HaT Camels sitting on the ground to use as cover that could be used.

David, I think there is room for many more sets in this range, both irregulars and regulars for both sides. We tend to think of Arab irregulars , Turks and Brits, but there are French troops, Italian, Egyptian,and many others from the greater Arabia area. So the potential for a range is quite expansive. It has unusually for WW1 the romance of the desert and lots of colour for painters,I could come up with a dozen requests for sets, all of them would be a first for the hobby and all would be a part of the jig saw that is the Arab revolt.