Strelets Forum

Welcome to the Strelets Forum.
Please feel free to discuss any aspect of 1/72 scale plastic figures, not simply Strelets.
If you have any questions about our products then we will answer them here.

Strelets Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: TO STRELETS:what about a future/possible Assyrian range ?

Dear salmanazar,

this range isn't on our radars.
Best regards,

Strelets

Re: TO STRELETS:what about a future of Samurai/Medieval Korean ?

are they on your radar?

Dear chee,

since these subjects were quite extensively covered by Zvezda and Red Box, we won't venture in these areas.
Please be guided accordingly.

Best regards,

Strelets

I'm interested as to why people ask for Strelets to do ranges that have already been covered by other manufacturers. Is it to get figures in the distinctive Strelets style? I always understood that Strelets policy was to fill gaps in existing ranges and offer unique ranges of their own.

for an Assyrian range,the Hat set is very bad (with few positions) and we are always expecting the Babylonians of caesar.For me, the universe of mesopotamian era is very rich: we have no Syrians,no Elamites,no Phenicians...on the market ;otherwise,that's true, i like Strelets'style.

I'd like to see 12th-13th Century Chinese (Song and Yuan Dynasties), Koreans (Goryeo Dynasty) and Japanese (Kamakura Era). All we have for this climactic Oriental period is a single set of Chinese cavalry with 5 poses from Italeri and various Mongol sets.

Zvezda, Redbox and Caesar have only covered 16th-17th Century Far East Asia subjects which are very different in appearance and fighting style.

Though I would like to see more Assyrians, I think what has been produced by Hät and Caesar constitutes acceptable coverage at least for the army:
27 Foot figure poses with seperate shields so can represent many more(15 Hät,12 Caesar)...
10 cavalry poses(4 Hät, 6 Caesar)
2 different chariots allowing for medium and heavy types...
2 Siege machines (Orion)

On top of this you can add suitable figures from other sets for a bit of variation or to bulk up the light/unarmoured infantry....

I think if you can also produce some variation by conversions...

Just my thoughts on it

ironsides
Though I would like to see more Assyrians, I think what has been produced by Hät and Caesar constitutes acceptable coverage at least for the army:
27 Foot figure poses with seperate shields so can represent many more(15 Hät,12 Caesar)...
10 cavalry poses(4 Hät, 6 Caesar)
2 different chariots allowing for medium and heavy types...
2 Siege machines (Orion)

On top of this you can add suitable figures from other sets for a bit of variation or to bulk up the light/unarmoured infantry....

I think if you can also produce some variation by conversions...

Just my thoughts on it

that' s right but no real light infantry (like a special light infantry by hat for the Macedonian army) and no Ennemies (except the Allied).

Ok for the Zvezda's samurai....but the R.B's coreans was no good..no high level...my opinion....thanks.

well... every one had their wish list but hardly for the maker do make all. In fact, many maker no longer active making new figures (no market as young people not interested 1/72 soldier?) maybe we need Kickstarter! or collaborate with maker by using "3D prints" to make our favorites soldier. Lately, I found a "3D prints" soldier, look goods. 1/72 levy men from Menhir Games.