Strelets Forum

Welcome to the Strelets Forum.
Please feel free to discuss any aspect of 1/72 scale plastic figures, not simply Strelets.
If you have any questions about our products then we will answer them here.

Strelets Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: This Day in History - off-topic or a hint?

And the unarmed soldiers marching in the triumph could do also as ordinary walking men.

Well, I'm definitely under the impression that someone is tempted to imitate this Germania Figures range....

http://germania-figuren.com/gx2/index.php?cat=c284_Antikes-Rom-Antikes-Rom.html

...and is drawing some inspiration from that Nikolai range (the senators have already been made...):

http://germania-figuren.com/gx2/index.php?cat=c274_Das-Antike-Rom-Das-Antike-Rom.html

Ok, why not?

A reminder regarding musicians: don't waste your time and sculpting skills on drummers. Roman military didn't use drums! Tambourines are the only kind of drums known to have been used by the Romans, and only by civilians.

OK, so I've got fifteen to twenty Giant of HK Roman Chariots, which are copies of the famous MARX BEN HUR Range in 54mm. For my tastes, no one has made any Chariots better since the 1960's. And some awesome scenics to go with the line.

However in my 1/72 scale, the Atlantic Roman Accessories are priced beyond my budget today.

For my money, if you want to entice me to buy ordinary civilian poses, then please offer me some Accessories that would fit in a Mini-Set box.

Something way beyond the Linear-B tables and bar benches, please?

Your ideas?

GC

Dear matelot,

with all due respect, the impression is wrong - it's the first time that we saw these products. Thanks for the link, anyway.
BBC's movie Rome is a more appropriate inspiration in our case.
For the triumph inspiration was a series of mosaics in Hampton Court.

Best regards,

Strelets

I'm sure you will do a fine job of it but, to be honest, this is probably going to be a set with one very specific and limited role for dioramacists and modellers interested in ancient Rome. Might be wrong but I can't see gamers finding a lot of uses for it.

As a diorama builder I could complain time and again about sets which, for some reason, suit gamers' needs better (or exclusively) but I don't because I accept that manufacturers of 1/72 figures have to meet the requirements of both diorama builders and gamers these days (this was not so in the past when the gamers had not yet usurped the realm of 1/72 figures). That's ok with me as long as the needs of both are taken into account. Naturally, diorama builders will like some sets better than gamers and vice versa. Let's be broad-minded.