Strelets Forum

Welcome to the Strelets Forum.
Please feel free to discuss any aspect of 1/72 scale plastic figures, not simply Strelets.
If you have any questions about our products then we will answer them here.

Strelets Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Strelets foot Boers

Great news! Glad to hear Santa's Helpers were reading the forum and can help you out. Happy Holidays!

P.S. Mark T.,

It's been so long I forgot that some of my very first Conversions ever were inspired by Strelets-R Colonial Boer War sets. I copied the link below. A few of the last pictures used the Boer Infantry in Head-Swops and Cavalry as Riding Artillerymen.

After I finished, Strelets-R came out with the British Highlanders 1898-1902. Some day I'd like to update a few of the British Artillerymen with Head-Swops using the really cool Pith Helmets with Neck Curtains. Some day ... It's really a great Range with unlimited potential for new figures. Have fun with your new sets! :-)

http://www.strelets-r.com/Pages/Contribution.aspx?ContID=52

GarrisonClay, I checked out the site you linked and postage to the USA raises the price of one box from a reasonable 8,95 Euros to 60,92 Euros! That's a little steep for me! Unless I am doing something wrong, it only offers me one postal option with an exorbitant rate.

Shipping costs

Mark. T just write to the shop. Many shops are using postage calculators leading to much too pricey results. From Germany I could sent the Boers as a registered international letter at only 5,50 Euros (worldwide).

Re: Shipping costs

Thanks for the tip about contacting the stores, 0nn0. I was wondering about that as I often buy toy soldiers on eBay from Asia with much cheaper postage, many times even free. I was puzzled that European orders would have such expensive shipping rates by comparison.

Re: Shipping costs

Mark T.
Thanks for the tip about contacting the stores, 0nn0. I was wondering about that as I often buy toy soldiers on eBay from Asia with much cheaper postage, many times even free. I was puzzled that European orders would have such expensive shipping rates by comparison.

Hi Mark,

I tried to respond to you last night, but the spam safeguard here deleted my work. Whether the UK, Asia (Taiwan) or the rest of Europe, you should find very competitive equivalent costs to home. Keep in mind, the Euro is attractive now. Sometimes the British Pound doesn't convert at a favorable exchange rate, so as Mr. Onno recommends, e-mail the seller for "options." All of my overseas (and local) sellers have bent over backwards to keep costs down to win my business. I've never been quoted a cost anywhere near as high as the one you mentioned and I would certainly never pay it either. I apologize if they were serious about such high shipping charges. :-)

OK, Happy Hobby Hunting