Strelets Forum

Welcome to the Strelets Forum.
Please feel free to discuss any aspect of 1/72 scale plastic figures, not simply Strelets.
If you have any questions about our products then we will answer them here.

Strelets Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: One set and why

1940 BEF.

But I would also buy several of the other sets suggested here, like the Makhonvists, Artillery crews, and WW1 Serbian infantry. If cleverly done, they could be the basis for many a (painting) conversion.

Some very good and reasonable suggestions so far.

Entirely agreed on the RCW Makhnovist, WWI Serbs, French Foreign Legion, Napoleonic Ottomans and the WWI/II artillery crews.

Any suggestion I could add should concentrate on the topics Strelets already offers within its well-established product lines I feel. So I won't ask for any Spanish Civil War, Russo-Japanese War or Byzantine Empire figures or the like... .

Considering that Strelets complemented the ever hungry WWII market with some interisting & original sets lately, what about one (or better two) sets depicting Japanese infantry in cold weather gear for China/Manchuria?
This could form a good starting point to finally fill an important but completely overlooked & neglected WWII gap. The whole theatre could be covered with only a few more sets imho. Add at least 2 sets of Chinese infantry in different uniform and a set of Japanese cavalry and we already have a good base for the chinese theatre of war 1937-45.

Otherwise I have to advocate for the WWI Serbs as well.
The Hät/Coates & Shine ones are an offence against the hobby.
The current centenary should be a good opportunity to finally add some decent & worthwhile figures for this important WWI belligerent.

Definately some WW2 Chinese which could be used up to Korea. Also I would still like to have some WW1 Italians to go with the Austrians in a light green plastic as this was a huge conflict for that time. That would be my one set. Best Regards! Cappy

SYW Prussian or Austrian (their coats & horse furniture differ) cuirassiers.

No-one makes them in 1/72 or even in 20mm metal. No one even looks like making them. They're a vital SYW troop type.

Re: One range & why

If Strelets wanted another Russian theme: SYW Russians (infantry, cavalry, artillery).

As above, no-one makes them in 1/72 & they were major opponents of the Prussians.

Anyone for Zorndorf?

Haiti Revolution of the 1790's to early 1800's - infantry with Toussaint L'ouverture and a few other Officers included in the box.

The Haitians achieved the only truly successful slave revolt in history, and managed to fight off armies from the three great Empires of France, Britain and Spain (trouncing an army led by Napoleons Brother-in-Law no less). Toussaint is one of histories under-rated Generals, considering his huge achievement.
These models would look awesome in Strelets style, i'm picturing them looking abit like Strelets French in Egypt range but with appropriate headgear.

Failing this, I'd join the folks who have suggested Napoleonic Ottomans.

Gentlemen,

a thread above about Anglo-Boer war makes us wonder if a further set or two, devoted to this subject, can be of interest to you.
The first one popping into mind is a Boar artillery set.

Best regards,

Strelets

Strelets
Gentlemen,

a thread above about Anglo-Boer war makes us wonder if a further set or two, devoted to this subject, can be of interest to you.

Best regards,

Strelets

Excellent idea! I'd love to see this done in Terracotta just like the Foot and Horse Boers. Excellent sets, both! Please count me in. How about, what's it called - "Big Bertha", or "Long Tom?" But soft plastic, please. Much like the Crimean Russian cannon in silver (and done for British in Terracotta). That's a great set and I've bought at least 15 boxes in Silver and another 4 in Terracotta. Good price, too. But I personally don't have any hard plastic kits. "Simple is best." I love the Soft Plastic Hobby. :-)

Strelets
Gentlemen,

Best regards,

Strelets
Artillery/Heavy weapons for both sides, pom pom`s for example were used by both sides, another set of infantry for both sides would not be amiss, the British in slouch hats for example, far more common than sun helmets with both Brits and commonwealth troops as the war progressed. The Boers again could just be better, as infantry it was usually in a defensive roll and a second set could more accurately depict that.Transport, wagons and carts for both sides. Artillery limbers and crew, more uses than the Boer war, Afghanistan and the Sudan for example.