Strelets Forum

Welcome to the Strelets Forum.
Please feel free to discuss any aspect of 1/72 scale plastic figures, not simply Strelets.
If you have any questions about our products then we will answer them here.

Strelets Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
28mm?

OK, what the heck is up with the sudden boom in 28mm figs? WHY do we need a scale so close to 1/72? If it is simply because they are easier for figure painters to paint, I am all for that, but if that is the case, can we PLEASE get 1/72 figs in uniform colors now? & put an end, FINALLY, to gray & tan soldiers in 1/72 forever!

Re: 28mm?

"OK, what the heck is up with the sudden boom in 28mm figs? WHY do we need a scale so close to 1/72?"

- far more detail
- far more individual poses
- far more manufacturers covering the same theme
- far more themes
- far more expensive :-D

For ex. Zulu war: I have about 110 different British poses made by two manufacturers (and there are more companies covering that war). That's barely half the amount of poses I could buy from them.

The 25/28mm scale also is not even close to 1/72. At least if you won't call a 2,10 m tall basketball player 'your tiny little brother' ;-)

Many 28mm-fans paint their minis up to high detail. Some rather look 54mm than 28 mm. There will be few just wanting them in base uniform colors (personally I know no one).

So IMHO there's no question 28mm OR 1/72. I enjoy both for different purposes.