Strelets Forum

Welcome to the Strelets Forum.
Please feel free to discuss any aspect of 1/72 scale plastic figures, not simply Strelets.
If you have any questions about our products then we will answer them here.

Strelets Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Early WWII Americans

I received mine in the mail yesterday. These are very, very nice. The dimensions and detail on these are great! And the poses are very nice and lively. They will match up nicely with the Japanese on the market. I would say that the standing firing guy, where the rifle attaches to the sprue, tends to break where the rifle, rifle strap and sprue come together, so extra care must be taken when cutting it off.

I am really looking forward to seeing the US Navy, US Infantry set 2 and the Japanese Infantry. This first set was really nice.

It makes me wonder what a wonderful set of late war US Marines would look like by Strelets. You would think that Marines have been covered, but when putting together squads, I realize the choices out there aren't so great. Caesar has good detail, but the selection isn't so good in poses. Airfix 1st version has good pose selection, but detail isn't great. Airfix version 2 is good detail but scale is inconsistent and not as imaginative as 1st version, and Revell is only good for a beach landing and the poses are kind of stiff. I feel I am always lacking some things trying to put together good forces for Guadalcanal or Iwo, etc.

But as for this set, great job Strelets!

Re: Early WWII Americans

I've ordered my Early WWII Americans. I intend painting the chaps with rifles and bayonets as Filipinos. I'm converting the prone rifleman into a prone Lewis gunner.

Lovely looking figures....can't wait to get them into action!!

Cheers,
Andrew

PSR has an image up now in the "Awaiting review" section, so the review itself cannot be far.
http://www.plasticsoldierreview.com/FirstLook.aspx?id=2344

I've just received The WWII early American soldiers (Ref M105) and the Japanese imperial airborne troops (ref M104) and I have to say that I'm very happy with the high level of details, just superb !!!

they can mix with any other 1/72 set, Strelets really improved and has moved to another level very close to the top ! Those figures can't be considered "Chunky" anymore. Only a very small amount of details can be considered slightly over sized but it's also more easy to paint like this, and less prone to brake or bend. For me it's all good now !

I also hope that you will keep the same plastic quality which is among the best to my taste, easy to cut or glue if needed.

Many thanks Strelets, You're now on my shopping list for many others boxes and of course I'm waiting for the US Navy set !

ADM - Thierry
I've just received The WWII early American soldiers (Ref M105) (...) and I have to say that I'm very happy with the high level of details, just superb !!!

they can mix with any other 1/72 set, Strelets really improved and has moved to another level very close to the top ! Those figures can't be considered "Chunky" anymore. Only a very small amount of details can be considered slightly over sized (...)

Now that I have that set in my hands as well I can happily confirm Thierry's evaluation. This is another example of how much Strelets have improved their sculpting. I may add the figures are nearly flash free and the only production blemish is one rifle that is atteched to the sprue in a way making it impossible to cast without a kink.

Strelets have always amazed with originality but since many of their earlier figures did not mix well with others I have stayed clear of buying many sets, something that is definitely changing now!