Strelets Forum

Welcome to the Strelets Forum.
Please feel free to discuss any aspect of 1/72 scale plastic figures, not simply Strelets.
If you have any questions about our products then we will answer them here.

Strelets Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: WW2 Filling The Gaps

Agree with the Free French, those would be nice to have, both regular Army of Africa forces and the Moroccans.

Colonial Vichy French and colonial Italian to go against the South Africans and any Allied North African sets.

Christophe
I received my order of Strelets Japanese Paratroopers (do I paint them IJ Navy or IJ Army? ...Uummmm) and early US Infantry yesterday. They have been prepped, primed and are ready to paint!
They are wonderful figures that I'm really happy with! It's great to see that Strelets are filling the gaps with their WW2 range and I would be really happy to see this pattern continue.
No doubt, I'm not the only member of the 1/72 figure buying public to feel this way so my question to the forum is which WW2 figures would you like to see in production.
Here's my 2 centimes worth... I would like to see the following sets in future production:
1. Royal Netherlands East Indies Army KNIL. To me, these figures are paramount! Strelets are releasing early Pacific war figures. Let us have a army to defend European Imperial interests in the Dutch East Indies. These figures are a must!!
2. Indian Army - Burma. Gurkha Rifles, Rapjputan Rifles, Dogra or Sikh. I would be happy with any!
3. WW2 Free French Goumiers.
4. Free French - North Africa (wearing a mixture of shirt sleeves, Jackets, kepis and steel helmets. Weapons could either be French or British.
Enjoy the hobby!!
Christophe
Great ideas!!!! Sound gooods!!!

Christophe
1. Royal Netherlands East Indies Army KNIL. To me, these figures are paramount! Strelets are releasing early Pacific war figures. Let us have a army to defend European Imperial interests in the Dutch East Indies. These figures are a must!!
2. Indian Army - Burma. Gurkha Rifles, Rapjputan Rifles, Dogra or Sikh. I would be happy with any!
3. WW2 Free French Goumiers.
4. Free French - North Africa (wearing a mixture of shirt sleeves, Jackets, kepis and steel helmets. Weapons could either be French or British.

1. Yes to Dutch troops for Europe and the Far East!
2. Not sure Indians would look much different from the British in battle - apart from the Sikhs.
3. French colonial troops for WW1 (Senegalese...) would be my first choice.
4. Frenchz in North Africa - yes!

Another set of Chinese infantry would be great now that WW2 in Asia is getting better coverage.

Also, artillery sets for the Germans, Italians, British, U.S., and Japanese are needed. Regards, Pa