Strelets Forum

Welcome to the Strelets Forum.
Please feel free to discuss any aspect of 1/72 scale plastic figures, not simply Strelets.
If you have any questions about our products then we will answer them here.

Strelets Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Painting preperation question

What works for me very well is a method I use for many years now, without any flaking. Even soft plastic bayonets who bend keep their paint on. After degreasing I throw a batch of 30-50 figures in a bath of 1 part white glue and nine parts water. This mixture is homogenized as best possible by stirring. I leave the figures overnight, after wich I leave the figures to dry, wiping away with a brush the excess white glue solution. Then I spray on the figures Humbrol 1, an acrilic gray spray primer. This spray primer is the best from several I tried.

Re: Painting preperation question

Thank you; I will try this out.

Bob

Re: Painting preparation question

Bob, I should probably have said, that now I use only acrylics for painting. I have not tried mixing enamels and acrylics on the same figure, but from information over the net, acrylic is ok over enamel, but not the other way around. A few years ago I used to prime with a brush the Humbrol 1 enamel. But I switched to spraying the same primer, but in acrylic. Much quicker with same results, or even better, as it is easier to get a thinner coat with spraying.

Good luck and Happy Modeling