Strelets Forum

Welcome to the Strelets Forum.
Please feel free to discuss any aspect of 1/72 scale plastic figures, not simply Strelets.
If you have any questions about our products then we will answer them here.

Strelets Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: are they new masters for Zvezda big boxes?

Colin D.
Wow, so the Napoleonic mini-set line is done already?

I'm not surprised at all. That's what I expected to happen when the Waterloo hype was over. Anyway, we all should have noticed how carelessly their Napoleonic mini-sets were made. E.g, those French and Russian figures wouldn't work at all as opponents for the 1812 and most of the 1813 campaigns, nor for the 1815 campaign. Why? Because, according to all the evidence we have, the Bardin uniform was not issued to most French units before the end of 1813, and in 1815 Russian troops were not actually involved in fights with the French (though they stood on the Rhine frontier). Not to speak of the incompatibility in terms of uniforms, poses and style with their big box sets. I've always been quite sure that the French Infantry Command set would be the last we'd see of this range...

Yeah, I would have thought that they would have added things like French Imperial Guard, Russian Grenadiers, and light infantry and additional various cavalry units for the two sides, especially for people who don't have or want the big box sets, but as you said it all goes to waste if the figures aren't accurately done to portray each army as they actually faced each other. At least their French and Russian big box sets match each over well, to my limited knowledge at least!

It May not be the end of Zvezda's 1/72 scale figures just yet!

In their 2014 Catalogue they had a very long list of new Mini-sets, Board games and other kits they were going to produce many of which they cancelled and did not appear in the 2015 Catalogue, however they are now well on course to producing all the New kits announced in the 2015 Catalogue, meaning they should be ready to produce new figures, kits or revisiting some of the planned items in the 2014 Catalogue the WW1 Mini sets spring to mind.

So I do think there is a good chance they will keep producing 1/72 scale figures probably only the Mini-sets for now but I hope that they will return to the Big box sets too, the 2016 Catalogue should gives us some answers.

Thank You Brian for these interresting but sad news regarding ZVEZDA Plans...
Their irregular Cossaks are just Awesome !! With only 3 poses they should do a small set out of them !!
Regards
Patrice

The new Zvezda management are really an incompetent lot who give a **** about our hobby. Just received the French Infantry command set. Have you noticed? The assembly instructions are titled: "French Dragoons command"! And the fifer's Bardin style Imperial livery has six front lace bars instead of five. Careless idiots.