Strelets Forum

Welcome to the Strelets Forum.
Please feel free to discuss any aspect of 1/72 scale plastic figures, not simply Strelets.
If you have any questions about our products then we will answer them here.

Strelets Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: are they new masters for Zvezda big boxes?

Hi Marco,

I believe sketches of these Russian Jaegar and Cossack figures along with some French Infantry were in the Zvezda's Catalogue around 2010/2011 and planned as big box sets, about the same time they started producing WW2 Mini sets using 3D technology and a WW2 board game which initially were very successful, as a result the Napoleonic sets were first postponed, then Zvezda said they would produce them as mini sets and later cancelled them.

Zvezda seem to have stopped production now of all big box sets only producing mini sets which may also be under threat now as sales seem to have slowed, the Napoleonic Mini sets have now appeared including French Infantry but the board game has been cancelled which makes no sense.

According to the Zvezda's forum people have been asking for big box sets again so far Zvezda have refused to bring them back, also Zvezda have said they have no plans for any more Napoleonic sets big box or mini sets.

As for the Masters if Zvezda own them then Zvezda look likely to sit on them indefinitely if the sculptor owns them then perhaps someone could try to contact him.

The Napoleonic sketches can still be seen on Zvezda website if you scroll down to the bottom
http://www.zvezda.org.ru/igry-v-soldatikov-razrabotka/

Russian Jaegar and Russian Cossacks Masters scroll to the bottom click on the green writing to see pictures
http://fligel-rota.ru/gallery/mastera-miniatyuri/galereya-nikolaya-gordeeva/#tit-7

many thanks Brian, now is more clear to me....not happy news, but finally now, I know that the two set are not in productions...

Brian
...mini sets which may also be under threat now as sales seem to have slowed,...

Surprise, surprise...

...as many have predicted. It was just a matter of time. You can't offer so little for such prices...

It's a shame Zvezda is pretty much gone as a figure player! I admit, I do love their game pieces figs in some respects. I like having MGs, mortars & small guns on a base. They were so much better than anything that's come along so far, even Hat's offerings! BUT, the figure sets are just a waste! & I won't even mention the fact the US has been ignored!

Zvezda went one step further backward with their Napoleonics by making everything gray, further showing their interest in strictly pandering to wargamers & ignoring collectors & casual hobbyists! That is the basis for their refusal. Such a shame fora company that was once the elite in the hobby!

Wow, so the Napoleonic mini-set line is done already? From what I understand the Hot War range is also done, at least as far as figures are concerned. When Zvezda started their WW2 Eastern Front minisets and they were selling well it seemed like this might be the wave of the future, but now maybe not. I was a little bitter about the French and Russian Line Infantry sets being released as mini-sets, I was waiting years for the big box versions which ultimately never came to fruition

Colin D.
Wow, so the Napoleonic mini-set line is done already?

I'm not surprised at all. That's what I expected to happen when the Waterloo hype was over. Anyway, we all should have noticed how carelessly their Napoleonic mini-sets were made. E.g, those French and Russian figures wouldn't work at all as opponents for the 1812 and most of the 1813 campaigns, nor for the 1815 campaign. Why? Because, according to all the evidence we have, the Bardin uniform was not issued to most French units before the end of 1813, and in 1815 Russian troops were not actually involved in fights with the French (though they stood on the Rhine frontier). Not to speak of the incompatibility in terms of uniforms, poses and style with their big box sets. I've always been quite sure that the French Infantry Command set would be the last we'd see of this range...

Yeah, I would have thought that they would have added things like French Imperial Guard, Russian Grenadiers, and light infantry and additional various cavalry units for the two sides, especially for people who don't have or want the big box sets, but as you said it all goes to waste if the figures aren't accurately done to portray each army as they actually faced each other. At least their French and Russian big box sets match each over well, to my limited knowledge at least!

It May not be the end of Zvezda's 1/72 scale figures just yet!

In their 2014 Catalogue they had a very long list of new Mini-sets, Board games and other kits they were going to produce many of which they cancelled and did not appear in the 2015 Catalogue, however they are now well on course to producing all the New kits announced in the 2015 Catalogue, meaning they should be ready to produce new figures, kits or revisiting some of the planned items in the 2014 Catalogue the WW1 Mini sets spring to mind.

So I do think there is a good chance they will keep producing 1/72 scale figures probably only the Mini-sets for now but I hope that they will return to the Big box sets too, the 2016 Catalogue should gives us some answers.

Thank You Brian for these interresting but sad news regarding ZVEZDA Plans...
Their irregular Cossaks are just Awesome !! With only 3 poses they should do a small set out of them !!
Regards
Patrice

The new Zvezda management are really an incompetent lot who give a **** about our hobby. Just received the French Infantry command set. Have you noticed? The assembly instructions are titled: "French Dragoons command"! And the fifer's Bardin style Imperial livery has six front lace bars instead of five. Careless idiots.