Strelets Forum

Welcome to the Strelets Forum.
Please feel free to discuss any aspect of 1/72 scale plastic figures, not simply Strelets.
If you have any questions about our products then we will answer them here.

Strelets Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Union of SA troops

I'd rebuke you for saying that Britfan if it were not tragically true!

I don't recognize the weapons of the first two figures in the first row. The weapons have pistol grips and the troops webbing appear to be for sub-machine gun magazines. I would assume that the weapons are Thompson sub-machine guns. However, they appear to be missing their magazines and the front barrels don't appear right.

If they aren't Thompsons, then what are they supposed to be. While they could have the magazine on the side, they don't match the barrel of a Sten and Stens, in this time frame (Madagascar) don't have pistol grips or butt stocks like this. I don't believe that Stens were available for the East African campaign.

The pith helmets do appear to be the South African version. The SA version was like the Dutch version and not the British Wolesley

Pat B.

These masters look great! I do hope that final product will be as good as these masters.The additional figure Strelets in helmet is also very promising (early American Soldiers set also have vesry intersting Strelets figure).I do hope this will start new range of Strelets XVI-XVII in helmets...

Pat B.
I don't recognize the weapons of the first two figures in the first row.

Could it be something like this? Although the S.A. version doesn't appear to have gone into production.

http://www.delvillewood.com/rieders2.htm

http://www.guns.com/2012/10/02/full-auto-enfield-rifle-charlton-electrolux-rieder/

Great subject, very nicely sculptured....lots to look forward to from Strelets!!

Regards,
Andrew

Nice sculptured! Hope serial product will keep on. Also hope they do them in tan plastic colour...

Dear Strelets,
these are looking good. Thanks for continuing to make great figures.

All the best, steve

While I don't "do" British or Empire figures as such, these look very nice and I might be persuaded to buy a couple boxes. They might be good from some African safari, bush wars, lost world scenarios, I think.

Mike Bunkermeister Creek
Bunker Talk blog

They seem nice ...and very useful to be fielded VS Italians in East Africa..in their sector they fought alongside interesting units like K.A.R. and Ethiopians Patriots plus Sudanese ..the uniform is typical of that front..eventually i saw some picts with men wearing bush hats and, in few cases, shorts..above all among gun crews and second line troops..
the only thing tht puzzle me is the dimension of their rifles..it seem quite short and fragile

ITALWARS
the only thing tht puzzle me is the dimension of their rifles..it seem quite short and fragile

That is my impression also, albeit I claim no expertise.

Italwars, would you happen to know there to buy Italwars figures? Regards, Pa